Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Hasselhoff, Wanderly Wagon & Irish Skeptics

Options
  • 31-10-2005 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I was just listening to Cloud's presentation to the recent TechCamp (Cloud being the co-founder of boards.ie) on the topics of boards.ie and the semantic web. According to Cloud, the category of "very strange forums" includes David Hasselhoff, Wanderly Wagon and Irish Skeptics :D

I don't feel we are half strange enough to merit such an honour, but we can certainly try harder. So do your weirdest, guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

How very strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Ok ... I'm truly stumped. We get picked as an example of a 'very strange forum' by The Royal Cumulus ahead of such illustrious forums as 'Mustard', 'Cake/Pie', 'Irish Jedi Council', 'Frisbee', 'Paranormal' and 'Pimp Your Band'??

At the risk of being rained on, what exactly is 'very strange' about this forum? Am I missing something obvious?

I've got it Davros ... Is it our interest in the promotion of science and critical thinking? Or our interest in pseudoscience and anti-intellectualism in health, business, politics, education etc etc? Maybe we're strange cos we write columns in the Irish Times or organise public lectures on science and pseudoscience in conjunction with organisations like the RDS with speakers on topics like immunology, astronomy, physics, psychology, cosmology and genetics?

I guess when you look at it we are a 'very strange' bunch with odd ideas. Let's turn this into a 'Peeling Potatoes' forum instead. Any other suggestions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

I won't hear a word said against cake.

But yes, "normal" is quack medicine and seeing UFOs. We're the fruitcakes (ah, cake) in society.

Advertisement