Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car broken into!!!!!!!

Options
  • 31-10-2005 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Well, how i fúckin love halloween.. My car has just been broken into:mad:

Looked out my window into the driveway and saw three fúckers at it, went in to get my brother and went out but they were gone:mad:

Now i feel like a fúckin moron cos i didn't go out straight away, i'd feel a little bit of satisfaction if i at least got to give someone a limp..

The drivers window and rear window are broken, the drivers door has been pulled out, the door won't open now, and all the electrics are gone, ignition won't ignite etc..

I don't have windscreen cover:rolleyes: :(

I'm waiting on the Gardai now, should be here within a few days i suspect..

Fair enough it's only a punto, but it's ****in somethin i need, i ****in hate scumbags:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thats bloody annoying, hope the damage isnt too expensive :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Shít one. I know the feeling as it's happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

ring traynors in the morning, they should b able to sort u out for parts for 1 or 2 hundred. just a matter of fitting them then, if u are handy u can do it urself. send ratchet an email, he should be able to spray ur new door properly and reasonably. just pray they havent damaged ur locks, as if they have ul need seperate keys. best of luck with it, and in future have a baseball bat handy to teach them a lesson they wont forget quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

thats ****e Lundi-mardi...sorry about that,

where did this happen to ya??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

this was outside my house..

What kind of parts are we talking about lomb?

I think the door can be pushed back into place, i think!! Same thing happened to my ma's car a while back, although it wasn't as severe.

I haven't tried the locks, but i'm pretty sure they're fine, i think it was a simple smash the window let yourself in kinda deal..

• Advertisement

worst thing is there's about 50 scummers outside my house, any one of them could have done it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Probably a blessing in disguise thet you decided to go get your bro. If you tackled those scum on your own chances they would have pulled a knife or screwdriver and use it on you.

Sorry to hear about the car, hope you manage to get it sorted for cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

LundiMardi wrote:
    this was outside my house..

What kind of parts are we talking about lomb?

I think the door can be pushed back into place, i think!! Same thing happened to my ma's car a while back, although it wasn't as severe.

I haven't tried the locks, but i'm pretty sure they're fine, i think it was a simple smash the window let yourself in kinda deal..

ur lucky the locks are the main thing, if they screw them , theyve basically screwed u permanently. traynors have the glass certainly, and they will have the ignition cowl etc, the door wont be right in my opinion ul have a wind whistle etc bending it back will do for the moment, ul need a new one, if its a popular colour u may b able to get it in that colour which will save u money and time. ring traynors first thing, if u are in dublin , they deliver at the beginning of the week stopping outside the green isle in dublin 22. good luck with it anyway.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

LundiMardi wrote:
    ...saw three fúckers at it, went in to get my brother and went out but they were gone:mad:

Now i feel like a fúckin moron cos i didn't go out straight away, i'd feel a little bit of satisfaction if i at least got to give someone a limp..

bummer about the break in!
    however, as others have said, you are lucky. One against three aren't good odds. Add in the fact that they more than likely were carrying some kind of weapon, you may not have been here to post this. A car whilst costly to repair is a lot cheaper to repair than the body!

true..

Well it's not as bad as first thought.. After a look at the car this morning, they only disconnnected the battery, so the car will start now and i assume all lights etc are fine..

I pulled the door back in place, it doesn't look the most perty, but it's back as it should be, just with the odd dent.. Good enough for me.

Autoglass will be here in the next hour to replace the windows, 225+ vat. Not too bad either..

Quinn Direct suck, they said i'm liable for the first 250 euro:rolleyes: Plus i would have lost my NCB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

LundiMardi wrote:
    Quinn Direct suck, they said i'm liable for the first 250 euro:rolleyes: Plus i would have lost my NCB.
    Tough break LM - slow painful deaths would be too good for these scummers. As for insurance companies, they all have some sort of excess and Quinns aren't alone in making you cough up. If its a MkII Punto (and I'm not pimping here) and you need any bits of trim/ignition cowl etc, I have one for spares and will pop anything you need in the post.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

LundiMardi wrote:

My experience with QD is pretty bad, and their prices aren't at the low end either. I would suggest to move to a more reliable insurance company when you have a chance.

Glad to hear the damage wasn't as bad as it seemed at first. I've been through that a few times (don't ask...), with much nastier outcomes, so although this is pretty frustrating, you are doing quite well :o

and i got a day off work:)

I'll be moving to a different insurance company next year, i'd do it now but i don't want to loose the years NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

LundiMardi wrote:
    true..

Well it's not as bad as first thought.. After a look at the car this morning, they only disconnnected the battery, so the car will start now and i assume all lights etc are fine..

Does the car have an alarm?Was there any damage to the front grill?
    If not its strange for them to have disconnected your battery unless there was an alarm,the point being then they'd have tried pushing it down the road first with no alarm going off

Did the garda say they would check for prints?

eireal wrote:
    Does the car have an alarm?Was there any damage to the front grill?
    If not its strange for them to have disconnected your battery unless there was an alarm,the point being then they'd have tried pushing it down the road first with no alarm going off

Did the garda say they would check for prints?
    no way in hell the gardai would do that for something like this.. They couldn't get the car out of the garden even if they tried as we have a bar installed.

They went through the glove box etc so i presume they were looking for stuff to take,, they opened the bonnet from the latch in the car, as i saw that they pulled the wrong one at first, they pulled the one to adjust the steering wheel:rolleyes:

Fortunately i keep nothing in the car, they didn't even take the piece of **** stereo..

If they had of dug deeper they would have found 20 euro and a kit Kat chunky under my seat:D mmmm.

No the only damage is to the door and windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Generally the scum who do that much damage breaking in are complete amateur opportunists hoping to find something worth nicking in the car. Even the world's worst car thief wouldn't need to break two windows and bend the door to get in, though, so it sounds like they weren't just common or garden scum, but completely retarded scum who get their kicks breaking other people's property for fun. Having their reproductive organs cut off and forced down their throat is too good for them. :mad:

Advertisement