Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2003 Server with Terminal Services

• 01-11-2005 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭

I'm running 2003 server with Terminal services on it.

I am unable to find a copy of Antivirus that will install for me every one I try says this version is not supported by Terminal servers.
    so far I've tried norton Corperate, 2005 and mcafee I dont want to try AVG because free antivirus software is rarely any good.

It was recommended that I disconnect all users and try run it again but I tried this and still no joy any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Which version of 2003 are you running.

If you install it from the console it should install correctly. I do know that McAffee will work with TS (we were using ours in Administrator mode rather than Application mode) and we installed the AV solution before enabling TS

You can also disable TS while you install to make sure that no-one is connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

AVG is actually very good give it a shot ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

no problems so far with sophos or etrust
    innoculate insisted on running one copy per session - slowed server

avg - is not free for commercial use

on the old nt4 version there was an option to change user /install or something

log out all users , stop old av services , remove old av , reboot , install new av
    try on the console and as terminal as admin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

he didnt mention that it was for commercial use ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

Thank you for your input in this matter I will try your solutions and let you know, Hopefully I can repay the favour some day

Regards

Dave

• Advertisement
Advertisement