Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you do during Ramadan?

• 01-11-2005 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

This goes to all the good people here...Muslims and non-Muslims.

Muslims: How did you spend your days and nights?
    Non-Muslims: did you notice Muslim Activities during this Month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Qadri

Altough Ramadan is not finished yet, I am feeling sad that we have maybe just one day left .

I have spent this Month fasting, praying and rereciting the Quran and reading the tafseer of the Quran.
    Also have read the biography of the Beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

And most importantly have worked for collection for the effectees of the Quake in Pakistan.
    We had Iftar every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the mosque. It was great to be together and this month whole the world has seen the unity amongst the Muslims. All Muslims have donated very generously for the brother and sisters in Northern Pakistan and India.

Laylat-ul-Qadr we had Dhikr gathering till 12 midnight and than we went to Anwar-e-Medinah in Moorlane and stayed there till 3.

I am very very very sad that Ramadan is going.....

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

I am also very sad to see it go :(
    Please God we live to see it again next years.

I spent all my days tring to secure a place in some collge to do my Phd in computing- I'm still looking!

My nights were spent listening to the web-radio to the Taraweeh Prayers in Mecca and the night prayers in kuwait until 1 am(I spent last ramadan in Kuwait and it was the best in my life so far)
    I start my night prayers at 1:30am until 4 am. this is only in the last 10 days of Ramadan, I did manage to complete the Quraan during my prayers and now started another completion.

I am really sad about saying good bye to this month until next year, I do intend to fast the 10 days in the month of Shawal.
    May Allah Accept our prayers, fasting and our deeds. Amin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Osman

So Ramadhan has come to an end. I shall miss it dearly.

I feel like I've neither gained the benefits nor reaped the rewards of Ramadhan as much as I should have. I recited the Qur'an (and managed to complete it by the grace of Allah) :) but the key lies in understanding it and reading tafsir which I did not do. :( I watched Taraweeh prayers live from Makkah on Islam Channel. My resolution has been to always wake up for Fajr prayers in the morning from now on which I have been successful in doing so far.

May Allah spare us long enough to serve him for many more Ramadhan's to come. :)

Peace,

Osman

Advertisement