Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some weird Esat BB Limit problem.

• 01-11-2005 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

It is now 33 minutes into November and for some bizarre reason my usage calculator has reported that i have downloaded 1.4gb of data and uploaded .260. I haven't actually been at my computer since before 12 and there were or are no downloads going. I had layed low on the downloads for the past few days as i was approaching my cap. I had 150mb's left to go to 12gb (I'm on the ordinary bb option, not plus). All I've been doing is browsing the web, no downloading whatsoever. So I was surprised to learn just today that i had gone over my cap by 120mb's. There is no way i've used that amount of bandwidth. I have a wireless network set up in the house. But before anyone says someone is hijacking my connection, I have wpa enabled with a 1024bit key. What's more the key was generated with a random number generator. There is no way someone in my neighborhood has hijacked it. Has anyone else had this problem lately with the usage calculator. It's even telling me that i'm going to go over my limit in 16 days at this rate. Which is very funny as 16 times 1.4gb is very close to 24gb. Does this mean I have a limit of 24gb instead of 12gb. Come to think of it I never got a warning about my limit in october even though I supposedly went over it. Maybe i'm over reacting at this point and it'll will sort itself out by the morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Just checked, and everything is reset to 0 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

BT wrote:
    November Summary for RobertFoster
    At your current rate of usage you are likely
    to go over your download limit in 2 days
    Logins 197
    Offpeak Traffic 24516 minutes
    Peak Traffic 10355 minutes
    Data uploaded 2.68 GB [2876103988 bytes]
    Data downloaded 7.61 GB [8171007663 bytes]
    lol :D

What speed connection would I need to transfer that much data in the last hour and 20 minutes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Earl

I'm having the same problem. Just checked it and got the following. Bloody BT, was waiting for the 1st so my limit would go back before downloading something, might hold off on it until this is fixed.

At your current rate of usage you are likely
    to go over your download limit in 4 days
    Logins 20
    Offpeak Traffic 10655 minutes
    Peak Traffic 4086 minutes
    Data uploaded 1.45 GB [1555001859 bytes]
    Data downloaded 4.71 GB [5055215541 bytes]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 will_forde

I have a simler problem but it is telling me that i have downloaded 25.02GB in 1 hour and 40 min. But that cannot be right sence it would take about 35 hours to download that much on a 2mb connection. I was over my cap by about 1.5GB for october.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Seen this thread and for the craic of it i checked my own, I'm not happy with the results..

November Summary
    Data uploaded 13.52 GB [14511945802 bytes]
    Data downloaded 35.66 GB [38285193728 bytes]

Very odd since I've been out of the country for the last month and a half, Octobers usage was only around 200mb last time i checked, with these kinda mistakes and bt's dodgy billing department....I can't help but feel worried about the likes of this :-/ even if they don't seem to enforce the cap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭kmurph

Same here.

Data uploaded 1.07 GB [1146411740 bytes]
    Data downloaded 23.90 GB [25663900583 bytes]

This does sometimes happen if you stay connected over midnight on the last day of the month. Although usually it's only whatever you've downloaded on the last day of the month gets carried over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

November Summary for ******
    Logins 128
    Offpeak Traffic 22125 minutes
    Peak Traffic 12292 minutes
    Data uploaded 2.67 GB [2866303684 bytes]
    Data downloaded 12.28 GB [13190481519 bytes]

what the ****!!! I didnt download that since I was out most of yesterday =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Probably coz of the hour messing up the usage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Well, it's just reset itself within the last hour. Don't know what to make of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

So they just reset the usage or something?
    Niiice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭kmurph

Mine is reset too.

Advertisement