Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did I miss Much??

Options
  • 01-11-2005 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I never actually went but was invited to this 3 seperate years i think.

So did i miss much?
    was it a group of smart people learning intresting things, having a laugh, intelligent conversation (which is pretty rare with the people i know), getting pissed

or a group of smart people who i would never have got tired of slappin', going around being anoying. :-)

I sure i can guess what you'll pick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Well, one is not allowed to drink at CTYI, so that bit would be slightly void.

However, if you take a look at the 'What is CTYI' thread over on.. the CTYI board, then you might get a reasonably good idea of what you missed.

To shorten it: Yes, you missed it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

So did i miss much?
    was it a group of smart people learning intresting things, having a laugh, intelligent conversation (which is pretty rare with the people i know), getting pissed

or a group of smart people who i would never have got tired of slappin', going around being anoying. :-)

go away now, cos when you realised wha you've missed you'll probably be pretty pissed off,however, if you really want to know what its like you could come to stephens green on saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

So did i miss much?

Yes. The freakin stickies. Retard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭the_red_cherry

she obviously isn't a retard seeing as she got into the place and don't use that as an insult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You're right, it IS insulting to those who have mental disabilities to lump ****rods like the OP in with them. Consider the usage of retard withdrawn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Oh wow, some people just look for arguments.

To answer your question, no you haven't really missed it because you never knew it in the first place.Was it the wrong decision not to go?Probably, it's a good laugh and you make very good friends who have a habit of turning up in the least expected places.I'm glad I went, but I can't go anymore and I'm not too hung up on it.I don't think it'll do you much good to go looking for what you missed though, because when you realise that you would have enjoyed it, you'll just be annoyed at yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Raphael wrote:
    You're right, it IS insulting to those who have mental disabilities to lump ****rods like the OP in with them. Consider the usage of retard withdrawn.
    *slaps across the face*
    If I didn't love you so much i might consider contemplating being slighty tiffed at your comment...
    You missed possibly the best thing that will ever happen to you in your entire life. It goes without saying that CTYI is one of the things that will stay with you forever. The friends you make there, the experiences you have, they'll never fade into nothingness. CTYI is a huge part of me now, and I'm glad.
    I just pity you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

CTYI is as much as you put into it... it forms as big a part of your life as you want it to, for some of us thats a lot... you just missed a place that allows freedom....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

CTYI is as much as you put into it... it forms as big a part of your life as you want it to, for some of us thats a lot... you just missed a place that allows freedom....
    As long as you stick to the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

After reading some of the posts..it scares me so much i'm thankful I didn't ask the C.G Teacher...

• Advertisement

Lol! I must have put alooooooooot into it this year then:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 HowllinPelle

Eh thanks for that, Michelangelo
    Well I think i would have liked to have gone but having said that those 3 summers: 2000, 2001, 2002 have been probably my favourite since austin texas in 76, so i might have missed something if i went.
    A friend of mine went one year and said he had a laugh but stopped short of saying it was life changing.
    Anyway im in college now so i think i might be a bit old:)

Okie-dokie
    (G has a secret motive behind posting... Is trying to be the last poster in everyone's thread and has officialy succeeded)

So are all you people still going to it?
    think they'll take an extremely bored college student into it?
    Beats MaccyD's all summer again

Sure, just call the office and ask for a job...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

I'm too old now:(

I'm in college but I did get to go last summer:)

You're sooo lucky...*models life around Love*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Step number 1 to becoming a genius...

READ THE FREAKING RULES.

The slightest bit of cop on would've led you HERE and not to a specifically formatted (and purposeful) sub-forum. *sighs*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

So did i miss much?

or a group of smart people who i would never have got tired of slappin', going around being anoying
    . :-)

There are both types of people there tbh. Seeing as you qualified for it (or was 'invited' to it) you may have a chance of being an RA (that's residential assistant) If you're really interested you could contact CTYI and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

You're sooo lucky...*models life around Love*

Yay! I are role-model!!:D

One downside - getting into places that require ID. I don't even drink, I only want to get into places, so it's rather annoying. So to all of you who will be 17 in first year - GET A FAKE ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Or be willing to degrade yourself for the pleasure of bouncers. Whichever
    /wipes mouth, fixes shirt.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Well half the RAs didn't even go to CTYI did they, so I don't see why getting a job would be a problem. They do seem to be picky though, I don't know what they look for in RAs or TAs, but you don't have to have been a CTYI student.

Oh and yes the CTYI courses were brilliant fun, some of my best friends are people I met while I was there, and now I'm in college I find I'm bumping into people I used to do the courses with but haven't seen in years. But I mean there's no point wondering what might have been, some of my friends from school got in but didn't bother going and it hasn't stopped them from becoming well-adjusted individuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

Undergod wrote:
    Or be willing to degrade yourself for the pleasure of bouncers. Whichever
    /wipes mouth, fixes shirt.

Oh Bill...
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Raphael wrote:
    How nice. Big one for the compliments, are you Aonghus? I'm not even going to say why I loathe the use of the word retard, as it's personal. Use inbreds, it's less insulting to other people, funnier, and more accurate a lot of the time.
    CTYI is basically what people have just said. It's great and fun. There's really no reason why you can't be an RA or TA.

It was just a casual wondering of an opportunity from a good few years ago brought on by the fact that while browsing boards.ie i saw something slighty familiar about the initial CTYI
    Thats all wasnt looking for a job or anything:). i happen to like maccy d's*

Now All I gotta Do is find a board about the gealteacht

*Lie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=31
    That any use to you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

It was just a casual wondering of an opportunity from a good few years ago brought on by the fact that while browsing boards.ie i saw something slighty familiar about the initial CTYI
    Thats all wasnt looking for a job or anything:). i happen to like maccy d's*

I bet the Gaeltacht doesnt have a Wikipedia article!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Alright, it does. But it's not a very big one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

I'm gonna try and be an ra in '06- the only requirements are that you have to be over 18 and in a full time degree, right? i'd love to go back- ctyi was one of the best times in my life, both years..... and listen to what sophia says! i'm 17 and in college and i can't get in anywhere! also like sophia i don't even drink- it sucks so much.

Advertisement