Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane laid into fellow players

• 01-11-2005 9:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭

What are your comments on this
    Do you think he is gone too far or do you think he is right to criticise his own team mates.
    The players he singled out are Alan Smith, John O’Shea, Kieran Richardson, Liam Miller and Darren Fletcher.
    The interview was ment to be shown on MUTV tonight at 5.30 but Fergie put a stop to it.
    So what are yout toughts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I would be interested to hear exactly what he said before commenting. Has anybody managed to come across the exact text of the interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i would also like to hear it in full but from the outset it doesnt seem like what the team needs right now. although its nice to see that what many of us feel about these players has been noticed by keane, it could make things a whole lot worse at ot.

im hoping that when i hear it in full, if ever, that it turns out to be more of a rallying call to these players rather than just a naming and shaming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tm_objectid=16317022%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=united%2dthey%2dfall-name_page.html
    UNITED THEY FALL
    OLD TRAFFORD AT WAR
    Oliver Holt

PERHAPS it is always like this when empires crumble.

Friends and comrades turn against each other in their desperation and their despair.

Something that feels like anarchy takes over where there used to be order and control.

And where once there was a proud edifice, suddenly there are only ruins.

Old Trafford itself may not have fallen, but this morning Manchester United is a club in chaos.

Still reeling from the shambolic humiliation at Middlesbrough on Saturday, they lurched closer to disintegration last night.

Advertisement
    Click to learn more...

Sir Alex Ferguson's decision to gag Roy Keane means that manager and captain are now at war.

Each has shared the other's opinion and mirrored the other's maniacal determination for more than a decade.

Their relationship has formed an unbreakable axis upon which so much of United's success has been built.

But it is now painfully obvious that the two men are set against each other in the anguished debate over United's future.

Keane is thought to have savaged the players who let United down so badly in the 4-1 defeat at the Riverside.

He is thought to have singled out individuals and lambasted them for their lack of commitment.

It will not come as any surprise that Rio Ferdinand, whose career has become a byword for wasted talent, was one of his targets.

But Keane's outburst is hardly a surprise. In fact, it is fairly predictable. He has spoken out like this before.

Sometimes, it seems he sees it as his duty to try to shock his team-mates out of what is starting to appear dangerously like complacency.

In the past, the club has always backed him or at least tolerated his candour. This time, it appears they think the crisis is too grave.

The decision of United chief executive David Gill to pull the interview is understandable. In a way, that's his job. To try and keep a lid on things. United's image is taking enough of a battering already without the open outbreak of civil war.

But Ferguson's backing for the withdrawal of Keane's diatribe is a new departure in the recent troubled history of the club.

It suggests that the manager does not share his captain's contempt for what is going on around them.

It suggests that he is sticking to his mantra that there is a bright future ahead for the current crop of players.

And that he thinks it is a viable solution to use a sticking plaster like Alan Smith to cover the gaping wound left by the ageing of Keane.

But the breakdown of the bond between Ferguson and Keane is only part of the reason for the drama that has gripped Old Trafford. It seems curious to draw such a conclusion about a club governed by an autocrat like Ferguson, but there has been a break-down of authority from the top.

But Ferguson has ceded much of his control to his unpopular assistant Carlos Queiroz and the manager's influence has waned.

That division has caused uncertainty among the players and there have been signs for some time that Ferguson no longer exerts the same measure of control over his team as he once did.

Ferdinand's life these past couple of years has been one long controversy and one long party. Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo have been involved in heavily publicised bust-ups in hotels and bars, often in London. With the wealth of talent they have at their disposal, Ferguson knows they should be pushing Chelsea a lot closer than they are.

Any team with Rooney, Ronaldo, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Ryan Giggs at its disposal should be capable of great things going forward.

But Ferguson and Queiroz have been unable to build a system that brings the best out of that quartet. Too often, it has misfired.

Most importantly of all, some of the hunger seems to have gone. Collectively, United do not burn with the same desire for success they used to.

The core of the team that bound it together for so long is breaking up and a once formidable spirit has been diluted. The camaraderie at The Cliff training ground used to be something special. Now it's just the same as everywhere else. And it is the Chelsea players who have established the kind of unquenchable team spirit that United once had.

David Beckham has gone, Nicky Butt and Phil Neville, too. Without them, United have lost one of the ingredients that made them great.

They have lost their togetherness and they have lost their single-minded devotion to the cause.

Keane can see that but when he tried to talk about it last night, the club placed a giant hand over his mouth.

It seems like a particularly poignant and futile gesture. Sadly, it will take a lot more than a gagging order to bring the glory back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

It true it wouldn't say it would be any different to what Fergie has been saying. Fergie just doesn't like it being said publicly.
    "The Sun" broke the story and apparently they are only guessing at the players names. Every other paper has based their stories on this so until a reputable source comes out we should take it with a pinch of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

All I can say is, get Keane onto RTE with Giles & Dunphy. Sounds like he'd fit in perfectly with their "slag everyone off" style of punditry.

I would be surprised if he singled out Miller as he was involved in getting him to Old Trafford. This would count as an admittance of poor player judgement by Keane, might hamper his move into management?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Cerdito wrote:
    All I can say is, get Keane onto RTE with Giles & Dunphy. Sounds like he'd fit in perfectly with their "slag everyone off" style of punditry.

I would be surprised if he singled out Miller as he was involved in getting him to Old Trafford. This would count as an admittance of poor player judgement by Keane, might hamper his move into management?

Where was Keane involved in the Miller move????? any source!! again as mentioned above will wait to see if this comes out to see exactly what he said!! would be surprised if he went after O'Shea!! 2 of them good friends and Keane rates him highly! one of the disagreements before Saipan with McCarthy was that he hadnt given O'Shea a chance and Keane wanted him to go to WC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Big Nelly wrote:
    Where was Keane involved in the Miller move????? any source!!

No source really, just thought I remember Keane recommending him to Ferguson, but I could be wrong! Still would be unusual for him to publicly criticize a young Corkman trying to establish himself in the first team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

what a prick/

ferdi wrote:
    what a prick/

who??? ban you anyway I would!!!

• Advertisement

Cerdito wrote:
    No source really, just thought I remember Keane recommending him to Ferguson, but I could be wrong! Still would be unusual for him to publically criticize a young Corkman trying to establish himself in the first team.

Dont think he was!!! all happened because Fergie went to watch the Celtic game in Europe against some team who had that good fellow at the back...was his name Kompany???? cant remember teams name but it was a team from belgium!!! anyway Miller had the game of his life......as soon as he was subbed Fergie left the ground...remember the bloke on RTE made a joke that Fergie was leaving because Miller was taken off and he needed to see no more!!! turned out he was right!!!! dont think Keane was involved at all!!! at this stage I dont think Miller had even been in the Ireland squad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

Big Nelly wrote:
    Where was Keane involved in the Miller move????? any source!!

The Daily Record seem to think that Roy Keane recommended Miller. I think there has been a bit of confusion over the whole Miller transfer though. Roy Keane was Liam Miller's hero as he was growing up and playing football, and I think that was why he wanted to play for United. I think people have misunderstood that to mean that Roy Keane brought him to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

All I know is the match tomorrow (and interviews) should be worth watching :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

In fairness ManU do seem to be carrying an awfull lot of dead weight at the moment - of which the above mentioned players are prominent (in fairness - JOS - he's a terrible, terrible player). I'm no ManU fan, but its clear that something is going horribly wrong and Keane being Keane is raging against the dying of the light.
    Would have liked to have heard the comments. Dunphy and Giles on newstalk this morning seemed to indicate that Ferdinand was also prominent. Most people would have to agree that he is at least underperforming to a huge extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i think keane is out of order,you dont slag of your fellow team mates on tv like he has,this should be kept in-house as it is not good for morale.but this is`nt the first time keane had done what he has,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well when you see the that the Mirror and Sun broke the story of course it will be glamded up, he should not have done it in public but he is dead right, too many boyz on holiday, but if United are in crisis so must the likes of Arsenal and liverpool who are further down the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Must be nice to have that to fall back on eh Yop, we are not up to our usual standards but it is ok because nobdy else is either. Thankfully Keane is not of that ilk, he is a winner and the "it's because Chelsea are too good thing" is not something I will imagine you will hear him whinge too much about. When Keane sees the team that he was an integral part of building up performing so poorly, (got humped by a team even lowly liverpool did not lose to) and with sub-optimal perfomances all round he is gonna call it that and fair play to him, he has done it before and it has yielded results, perhaps it would have done the same this time, looks like we will never know as it was pulled with I believe fergusons blessings. Would have loved to hear what he said and about who though, media speculation about it is just that, speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Big Nelly wrote:
    Dont think he was!!! all happened because Fergie went to watch the Celtic game in Europe against some team who had that good fellow at the back...was his name Kompany???? cant remember teams name but it was a team from belgium!!! anyway Miller had the game of his life......as soon as he was subbed Fergie left the ground...remember the bloke on RTE made a joke that Fergie was leaving because Miller was taken off and he needed to see no more!!! turned out he was right!!!! dont think Keane was involved at all!!! at this stage I dont think Miller had even been in the Ireland squad!!

Kompany plays for Anderlecht. Chelsea were linked with him too. He's another player who is a Champ Man/Footie Manager legend.

Originally posted by county
    i think keane is out of order,you dont slag of your fellow team mates on tv like he has,this should be kept in-house as it is not good for morale.but this is`nt the first time keane had done what he has,

If anything, I think he's trying to provoke a reaction from the team. Something has to be done and clearly whatever Feguson and Queiroz have been doing just isn't working.

yop wrote:
    Well when you see the that the Mirror and Sun broke the story of course it will be glamded up, he should not have done it in public but he is dead right, too many boyz on holiday, but if United are in crisis so must the likes of Arsenal and liverpool who are further down the table.

Not at all. Arsenal are in my opinion in a stonger position then Utd. They have the youngest squad in the premiership, moving to a new stadium next year and Wenger isnt going to go any where in the next 2-3 years. Also there appears to be money there to be spent on players, the reason that it wasnt is Wenger wants a particular player and isnt going to buy just for the sake of it e.g. Owen

Liverpool won the european cup but they do have their own problems too.

Fergie will be gone next year as will Keane. Apart from Rooney who is emerging as great player for Utd? Ronaldo needs to have an end product. Too many average players, the fans are deeply unhappy where the club is going.

When a Captain of the side comes out in critisim of some of the players saying that they are just not good enough to wear the shirt. That has to be taken very seriously

Anyway Arsenal are only one point behind and with Chelsea the next opponents for Utd Id expect Arsenal to be above them come the end of the weekend. Liverpool have a game in hand and are only 2 points behind aswell.
    Thier next game is an away game so I wont comment.

Lemlin wrote:
    Kompany plays for Anderlecht. Chelsea were linked with him too. He's another player who is a Champ Man/Footie Manager legend.

That was him!! couldnt remember!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

keane was right to do what he did.I can see him going to celtic at the ned of the season now.

So lemlin you follow sligo rovers then? Looks like ye will be promoted to the premier after a good season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

jank wrote:
    Not at all. Arsenal are in my opinion in a stonger position then Utd. They have the youngest squad in the premiership

*ahem*

Arsenal=26 years old

Tottenham=25 years old

I haven't bothered looking at the other PL clubs, there could be more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Keane is the one guy you know will tell it as it is. If MU are playing ****e, then hes not going to go covering up for it. Hes asked to give his views, he gives his views. If they only want to hear the truth when things are going well, then Keane shouldn't have been given a spot on MUTV to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

liverpool's average age are 24
    chelsea are 25
    blackburn is 27 out of interest

dont shoot the messanger, im not sure how reliable that webiste or uptodate it is.

It would be interesting what players are included in that stat?
    Quality is an issue too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

It's difficult to comment without seeing what exactly was said . Keane says it as he sees it and I respect him for that. I think his views should have been aired and let the debate proceed from there. To censor him was wrong.

As an aside It just proves that whether it be Ireland of Manu Utd. he speaks his mind. That proves a few people wrong about his actions in Saipan.

The Muppet wrote:
    That proves a few people wrong about his actions in Saipan.

interesting point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

I can't believe people believe what they read in The Sun or Mirror or any other rags. Is there even one quote available as to what Keane said if he even said anything at all. All these people that come on and say "Keane is out of line" without a clue of what he actually said is crazy but then again all these people waste they're time with these tabloids so it's not too surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

jank wrote:
    It would be interesting what players are included in that stat?
    Quality is an issue too.

I've linked to the two pages for Spurs and Arsenal, I'll leave you to see for yourself.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

galwaydude wrote:
    keane was right to do what he did.I can see him going to celtic at the ned of the season now.

So lemlin you follow sligo rovers then? Looks like ye will be promoted to the premier after a good season.

Probably an issue for a different thread but no I don't. Just in Sligo for college at the moment, have no interest in Rovers.

Interesting to see that they fielded a near full-strength team against the college team and only won 1-0 though.

Like I said though, a matter for a different thread.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

iirc regarding the Keane-Miller connection, what happened was that after Utd made an offer for him he wasn't sure if he wanted to move or not, and apparently Keane played a role in persuading him to go. No sources for this other than my patchy memory, but I'm pretty sure that was it.

I can see why people think Keane was out of order to criticise his team-mates in public, but at the same time some of them really need a good kick up the ar$e. Every big team has it's suprise losses, but the most telling thing about last weekends loss is that it really wasn't a suprise at all. Even last year I would have been shocked by the scoreline, but this year it's just another bad result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Probably not the wisest move ousting his own team-mates in public...... but if the stories are true then he's 100% correct in his evaluation of the players singled out (except Richardson, I can see him becoming a regular starter in the team).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

whats next,keane to slag fergie,if he dares to do such a thing fergie would sell him to rangers in spite:D

ziggy67 wrote:
    I don't think people doubted that he speaks his mind so i don't know how this is at all relevent.
    People disagreed with what he said & what he did.

It's relevant becaus at the time many people said that he would never dare risk the wrath of Fergie by voicing negatives comments about United in public. He has proved those people wrong.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

They wanted his honest opinion, and that's what they got. Keane isn't one to shy away from his viewpoints, and as captain of his beloved club he was understandably seething after saturday's performance. United are lacking characters like Keane. Whatever is said about his age and whether he can play like he used to, his presence is still vital....saturday's whipping would not have happened as he would have torn every player a new hole before they got to half-time.
    If they wanted somebody to come on and say "Well it was a bad performance but things are still okay here, and maybe Chelsea will still slip up" then they should've scripted it and invited someone else to play the pundit. You can always take what Keane says at face-value, and I think it's a refreshing alternative to the smiley-face smokescreen and everything's rosey for the cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

How refresing it is in football to have someone like Roy Keane who is honest, doesn't speak BS and has inhibitions to speak out. Pity there aren't more like him.

and he is also spot on about wasters Miller, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Smith, Fletcher and Richardson. Harsh..... but honest.

ziggy67 wrote:
    Well yes, whoever said that (and i honestly never heard this at the time) will be proved wrong if the rumours are proven to be true.

I heard a lot of people say it at teh time and saw plenty of people post similar here in the time since. Pity the search function is disabled .

How refresing it is in football to have someone like Roy Keane who is honest, doesn't speak BS and has inhibitions to speak out. Pity there aren't more like him.

Yep He's as straight as they come, which has worked to his disadvantage in the past but despite the flak he takes he continues to give his honest opinions when asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

galwaydude wrote:
    liverpool's average age are 24
    chelsea are 25
    blackburn is 27 out of interest

dont shoot the messanger, im not sure how reliable that webiste or uptodate it is.

Is that the whole squad or the starting 11? If it's the starting 11 you may as weel take Liverpool out as your guess at the next starting 11 is as good as mine. As pointed out on telly last night it was the first time in 39 that the majority of the same team was named.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

gotta say i like the quote he apparently made bout ferdinand "some people get paid £120,000 a week,play good for 20min against spurs and think there a superstar"

the fine journalists over at the mirror seem to know exactly what was said.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=321832&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Keane:+Changes+are+needed&channel=football_home

the fallout of this incident could be huge for united. although i repeat what many have said we still dont know for sure what was said.

one thing that is for sure, anyone seen keane at his home yesterday? telling the reporters to get off his land, that was a scary sight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

http://www.mirror.co.uk
    MIRROR SPORT lifts the lid today on the Roy Keane interview that has torn Manchester United apart.

The United captain named and shamed nearly the whole team which was humiliated 4-1 at Middlesbrough on Saturday night. But we can reveal that Keane reserved his most stinging criticism for England defender Rio Ferdinand.

He told MUTV in the interview they were banned from broadcasting: "Just because you are paid £120,000-a-week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar.

"The younger players have been let down by some of the more experienced players. They are just not of characters in the team. It seems to be in this club that you have to play badly to be rewarded.

"Maybe that is what I should do when I come back. Play badly."

The sarcasm in Keane's words could not hide his continuing passion for a club he believes is failing its fans.

And Keane was last night said to be "unrepentant" over the interview but is angry at the way he has been treated.

United's desire to preserve harmony within the squad may see his leaving date brought forward to the January transfer window. Sources close to fiery Irishman Keane last night revealed the 34-year-old's fury at not being informed until late on about the decision to pull his interview because of its controversial content.

Chief executive David Gill (above) gave the order after viewing the tape. United's players are contracted to appear on MUTV and air their views on matters at Old Trafford, with manager Sir Alex Ferguson happy in the past for his captain to act as his mouthpiece.

That is why Keane is furious that what he saw as constructive criticism and honest forthright views were deemed to be potentially too damaging to be broadcast.
    ROY KEANE has been sitting on the sidelines for six weeks watching Manchester United slip behind Wigan, Bolton and Charlton in the title race. And he has had enough.

We can reveal in the 'Plays the Pundit' slot on MUTV that has erupted in controversy, Keane not only laid into defender Rio Ferdinand's approach, but harshly criticised senior players and attacked the younger members of United's faltering team.

They trail Premiership leaders Chelsea by 13 points and are far from certain of progressing in the Champions League and Keane said: "There is talk about putting this right in January and bringing players in. We should be doing the opposite - we should be getting rid of people in January."

Keane has often acted as Sir Alex Ferguson's public mouthpiece, but it was the manager who made the decision not to broadcast the interview after he was alerted to its contents.

The player is understood to be standing by his criticisms which included harsh words for the multi-millionaire senior players who he believes are responsible for the general malaise at the two-time European champions.

He named keeper Edwin Van der Sar, Paul Scholes and Ruud van Nistelrooy, but reserved his most pointed attack for Ferdinand, who delayed signing a new deal in the summer until he had secured club record wages of £6.24 million a year.

"Just because you are paid £120,000-a-week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar.

"The younger players have been let down by some of the more experienced ones - they are not leading. There is a shortage of characters.

"It seems to be in this club you have to play badly to be rewarded. Maybe that is what I should do when I come back - play badly."

In his analysis of Saturday's humiliating 4-1 defeat by Middlesbrough Keane admitted: "I wasn't surprised by the result I had been expecting one like this.

"The players have been asked questions and they are just not coming up with the answers.

"I am sick of having to say it and they are sick of listening to me.

"They have let down the club, the manager, and the fans.

"When they sign the contracts, they think they have made it. They owe it to the manager, the staff and the fans."

Keane also slammed the young generation of players he says have failed to win the trophies to justify their inflated wages. "These guys thought getting new contracts was the best day of their careers," he said.

"They think they have made it. They haven't."

And the United captain insisted a long injury list also including Gary Neville, Gabriel Heinze and Ryan Giggs could not be used as an excuse for a lack of effort on the pitch.

"The fact they are out should be enough incentive for those coming in to play better and give more," he said. "It is not enough to play well for 20 minutes, it is a 90-minute game.

"You get well rewarded but you have to put the hard work to earn those rewards."

But last month the former Ireland midfielder shocked the Old Trafford hierarchy by using MUTV to announce he will quit the club at the end of the season after failing to be offered a new deal.

And this time the 34-year-old, out with a broken foot, has gone even further in a rant resembling his famous outburst against Ireland manager Mick McCarthy at the last World Cup.

Just a fortnight ago Sir Alex was still claiming Keane could be persuaded to sign a one-year contract extension and play a 14th season at Old Trafford.

And Keane did avoid directly criticising the United manager and said "he will put it right."

But doing so with a dressing room still including Keane appears impossible.

WHAT ROY SAID IN THAT INTERVIEW

KEANE ON: EDWIN VAN DER SAR

Analysing the first goal United condeded against Middlesbrough, when Edwin Van der Sar let slip a 30-yard shot... He should have saved that. That was saveable

KEANE ON: JOHN O'SHEA

He's just strolling around when he should have been busting a gut to get back

KEANE ON: RIO FERDINAND

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink robbed Ferdinand for the second goal... I have seen that happen to Rio before. It is poor defending

KEANE ON: DARREN FLETCHER

I can't understand why people in Scotland rave about Darren Fletcher

KEANE ON: KEIRAN RICHARDSON

On the penalty Richardson gave away.... He is a lazy defender who deserved to get punished.. he wasn't doing his job

KEANE ON: ALAN SMITH

What is he doing there? He is wandering around as if he is lost. He doesn't know what he is doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Just because you are paid £120,000 a week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar," said Keane.

This was apparently said by Keane about Ferdinand, how true!

Roy's a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

People make this sound like Keane is more likely to leave now.
    That Fergie didn't organise this.
    People forget how good a relationship Fergie and Keane have, a huge amount of mutual respect. I wouldn't be suprised if Fergie had organised this. Hopefully this kick up the ass will be what the players need. I've been waiting for Keane to come out and say this for ages. Althuogh he did leave out Scholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Leaving out Scholes would add more fuel to the rumours about his health.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Every single word he has spoken is spot on, too many players in the comfort zone, but that is what you get with such a poor squad, if we lose tonite there could be more war!

Ferdinand should be left on the bench, he is a big girls blouse with a girls haircut. The rest of them can learn, he is just a pompous git.

Muppet if u want to search, type in the following "roy keane site:www.boards.ie"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

I agreed with Keane in Saipan and i agree with him in this situatiion. The players he singled out are not doing to the level expected by the manager and the fans and as somebody pointed out earlier ferguson could easily have engineered this little outburst. What does dave Gill do, He offers these average at best players new long term contracts. I hope he's done this soley for business reasons, surely Fletcher, O shea, Richardson and co are not considered the future of the club. If they are then somebodys judgement at MANU has gone out the window

TheMonster wrote:
    Leaving out Scholes would add more fuel to the rumours about his health.

what rumours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

theres rumours scholsey suffers badly from ahsma(wrong spelling)

• Advertisement
Advertisement