Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane laid into fellow players

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The ****ING MIRROR LADS? Are you for real? What a load of balls. I bet Roy said far worse than anything there.

Scholes has Asthma...has had it for years...but doesn't he have something else apparently if rumours are to be believed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I did hear something last year about a pretty serious illness that was the main reason for his international retirement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

These rumours about Scholsey festered all last season too and I don't think it's right to be speculating about a persons state of health. Even if it was true it's not in the public domain so we shouldn't be dwelling on it. I know no one here is being disrespectful but it just doesn't sit easily with me.

Going back to the Keane issue. I back him on this but the fact that the programme was pulled(at the last minute) suggests he let fly off his own bat. It was a stupid error not airing the show because it will make the situation drag on. The reason being the public don't know what was really said so the papers can feed off it for days speculating. Also the board would hardly disagree with him.....he was doing them a favour because you can be guaranteed there will be a reaction on the field at least in the short term. A very panicky decision indeed which I am sure they are now regretting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

At last someone gives out about Rio, Hansen called him the greatest defender ever, what complete and outer sh*te.

120 grand a week for a ball watcher that can't head a ball, great business Alex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Agreed with it all apart from the criticism of EVanDS.

We all make mistakes and bar that one blip he has been sensational.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

RedorDead wrote:
    Agreed with it all apart from the criticism of EVanDS.

We all make mistakes and bar that one blip he has been sensational.

In fairness though, all RK is "reported" to have said, is that he reckons VdS should of saved the ball. I think even VdS would agree with that. Not so much a criticism, as an observation.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

He named keeper Edwin Van der Sar, Paul Scholes and Ruud van Nistelrooy, but reserved his most pointed attack for Ferdinand, who delayed signing a new deal in the summer until he had secured club record wages of £6.24 million a year.

"Just because you are paid £120,000-a-week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar

LET THEM HAVE IT ROY!!!!!! :D

pretty much spot on, and needed to be said.....*wonders* did Alex orcestrate this??? Except Van de Saar and Van Nistelrooy. VDS made one mistake in the Middlesbrough game but hes the reason that ManU havent had more 4-1 type results this year, its the useless feckers standing in front of the goal thats teh problem, and VanNist is 2nd only to the Drog in best forwards in fantasy footie (so stats prove this to be wrong)
    Rest of it is spot on, Smith HES A FORWARD!!!ffs not his fault, Scholes not doing it this yr, Ronaldo meh, O'Shea average at best, Ferdninand grossly overpaid, expect better for what hes on, Fletcher/Richardson =Meh.

Only Giggs who is playing well and Rooney(while hes not getting sent off) could be spared from the 'Wrath of Roy'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

How refresing it is in football to have someone like Roy Keane who is honest, doesn't speak BS and has inhibitions to speak out. Pity there aren't more like him.

and he is also spot on about wasters Miller, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Smith, Fletcher and Richardson. Harsh..... but honest.
    Here here.

And I disagree strongly with Jank - I only wish somebody in the underperforming Arsenal squad had the balls to come out and say what Roy Keane said. United shouldn't be censoring him, they should be giving him a microphone and broadcasting it on the training pitch every morning. The match against Middlesborough the other night was absolutely shocking - nobody trying to close the Boro midfield down, no tackles, no passing... I'm no Man Utd fan, but even I was appalled by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

HAHA have you seen the state of United? They let in a goal against ****ing Lille. Lille the strong team that they are. It makes me sick. Some players need to be battered with an iron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

mr_angry wrote:
    Here here.

And I disagree strongly with Jank - I only wish somebody in the underperforming Arsenal squad had the balls to come out and say what Roy Keane said. United shouldn't be censoring him, they should be giving him a microphone and broadcasting it on the training pitch every morning. The match against Middlesborough the other night was absolutely shocking - nobody trying to close the Boro midfield down, no tackles, no passing... I'm no Man Utd fan, but even I was appalled by it.

Yeah... totally agree with Roy on this one. I thought he was right about the issues in Saipan and he speaks the truth here.

If what he said wasn't true, I'm sure you'd here backlash from the accused players....

We need more straight talkers like Roy in football.

By the looks of things Man Utd are going down the tube and fast...

Utd's success was based on 4-4-2. Stick with what works!

i dont know for a fact that roy lambasted these players or any of his team mates but if it is true i think it was bad form of him. i respect keane for his leadership hunger and commitment but to slag off fellow pro's in the media regardless of whether they are good, bad or indifferent is just not right. im pretty sure keane hasnt any fear of confrontation issues so he maybe should have saved it until he was present in the dressing room.

i hate going in to the saipan episode again but he wasnt too happy when quinn, alan kelly and steve staunton gave a press conference (which IMO was bad taste too) when he had barely boarded the plane to go home.

of course there is a chance all this could be bulls**t and his comments taken out of context from the gutter press who probably didnt even see it themselves but if it is that was my 2 cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

of course there is a chance all this could be bulls**t and his comments taken out of context from the gutter press who probably didnt even see it themselves but if it is that was my 2 cents

Did you see Alan Smiths post match interview today? He said Keane had told the players exactly what he said and that the Media had blown it all out of proportion.

The Muppet wrote:
    Did you see Alan Smiths post match interview today? He said Keane had told the players exactly what he said and that the Media had blown it all out of proportion.

I dont have sky sports so i didnt see the game or any interviews. listened to it on 5live

of course it could have been a whole stategy plotted by fergie to get chelsea over confident before the game, lol!!

Advertisement