Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel 623 LAN question

• 01-11-2005 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

I have the Zyxel 623 modem from BT and I have my laptop and PC connected to it. Seeing as it is a LAN can I connect to my laptops hard drive from my PC? Going into Map Network Drive I can see the laptop there but it wont let me connect to it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

It is only a modem after all get a hub or a router and it will work. You will have no hope with crap like that (no offense to Zyxel they just dont work very well :eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Jakkass wrote:
    It is only a modem after all get a hub or a router and it will work. You will have no hope with crap like that (no offense to Zyxel they just dont work very well )

Wrong.
    The P623 is a Modem/Router.
    Rodge wrote:
    I have the Zyxel 623 modem from BT and I have my laptop and PC connected to it. Seeing as it is a LAN can I connect to my laptops hard drive from my PC? Going into Map Network Drive I can see the laptop there but it wont let me connect to it.

If you can see the laptop and not the drive then u have not shared it.
    Access your laptop and make sure the drive is Shared.
    R-Click the drive and click "Sharing and Security".

Once you share it access the network on ur Desktop.
    If it shows the Laptop on your workgroup then the LAN works OK.
    If u cannot access the drive then firewalls or the sharing isnt working.
    Look into using an FTP server then (faster and better)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Yogiincork

Jakkass wrote:
    It is only a modem after all get a hub or a router and it will work. You will have no hope with crap like that (no offense to Zyxel they just dont work very well :eek:)

Well, it is indeed a router, just with one port, you can hook it up to a switch (what I do).
    But it is still crap :D
    If you want to do decent torrenting, you can kick it in the bin. It freezes once you get ok d/l rates. I have this problems and have heard it from various other users. You have to power cycle it to make it work again.
    Do it like me and get a decent DSL modem like the D-Link 360T.
    I got one from eBay, for 10 Bucks :o
    But THIS is indeed only a modem, but I don't care since I have a router anyway.

Advertisement