Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aftermarket Exhaust Can

Options
  • 01-11-2005 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi,

Going to put a Micron exhaust can on my bike.Does the bike have to be dyno'd after this is fitted?

Cassiel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Doesnt HAVE to be dyno'd but you will get a lot more power out of it if you do get it dyno'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Depends on the bike. A dyno run will prob help smooth out the power band and can release some extra power. The dyno only shows up the problems, it'll still have to be rejetted/remapped t fix them and then re dyno'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Ta for the replies. I was reading the blurb on an Akropovic, and it seemed to imply just bolt the thing on and thats an instant 6bhp gain and improved midrange, no tinkering required. So I assumed it would be so for the Micron 'extensively dyno tested for your bike' according to them (aye I know, pinch of salt etc).

Thanks.
    Cassiel

99% of bikes that fit an aftermarket exhaust would benefit from a dyno-rejet afterwards. The question it does it NEED it, i.e. is the hassle worth the benefit to you.

In my experience,(and that was changing the exhausts on a 1200 Bandit, Speed Triple, DRZ400 and XT600). All ran fine with the new systems, however, I rejetted all of them and they did run better afterwards, the 400 and 1200 particularly.

You never mentioned what bike it was ?, smaller machines seem to be more sensitive to changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Hi Haket,
    Totally forgot. It's a Honda CBF 600s, something like 70bhp I think.It is a detuned Hornet 600 engine. Not the quickest but love how it handles :D
    I'll see how it goes, I really just wanted the bike to be more tuneful (she's a bit on the queit side) and sure pimp it a bit with some titanium while I 'm at it. :)

BTW, if getting it jetted and dyno'd was an option, where'd you go to do it? I'm given the impression that it ain't cheap in this country. Bike Tyre Co. do it.

• Advertisement

Yeah BTC or Specials in Galway. I've heard good reports about both. If I were you I'd check out the owners groups, get the general opinion there, change the jets yourself (if time/tools allow) and then get it dyno'd to make sure.

TBH, changing the zorst on a Hornet without changing the jetting will prob be fine. It'll certanly sound better. I've ridden a CBF6 and thought it was fab, a lovely engine and looks great too. (especiall the yellow one !).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Haket wrote:
    Yeah BTC or Specials in Galway. I've heard good reports about both.

Add NDM to that, contact details here: http://www.ndmoto.com/
    I haven't used them but have heard excellent reports from those who have.

If you're going to splash out the cash for rejet, dyno and tune time then you might aswell splash out on a K&N filter.

causal

Advertisement