Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6680 or 6230i?

• 01-11-2005 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a pain in my swiss waiting for Vodafone to sort out their problems with the Nokia 6230i and, to be honest, I thought their pricing was a bit rich for it compared to the other networks.

So rather than wait indefinitely, how does the 6680 compare? It's a Symbian phone, yes? Will the OS be any/much different to my old Ngage? I can compare specs all day but I'd like to know what it's like in day to day use i.e. weight, size, user interface for common phone tasks etc. I have no great need for a phone that will sync with my webmail, Palm, laptop and PC. I'm talking calls, texting, taking snaps, looking up numbers and so on.

Also, will it let me use MP3s as ringtones?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i had a 6230 and got a 6680 and wouldn't go back. it is a symbian phone. its very easy to use. never used the ngage so dont know if its the same but you'll get used to it anyway.

i like to watch films and tv shows on my phone so i like the big screen of the 6680 but i miss the radio from the 6230. you can get a headset with an fm tuner on the wire though. i love the flash on the camera.c camera te same quality on both phones but on the 6680 it has a 6x smooth digital zoom, i.e. it moves in gradually, doesn't jump from 0x to 2x to 4x

basically the 6680 has everything the 6230i has and a lot more but no radio. if you dont mind having to buy the headset with the tuner and dont mind the size go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

The 6680 camera is 1.3mp with flash, its really good for taking photos and the video quality is nice. Really easy for everyday phone stuff (texts, calls, phonebook etc.). The OS is nearly the same as the ngage but its updated in a few places, the interface is the same as ngage. You can use mp3's as ringtones, and store a fair few songs on the 64mb mmc card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

The 3G support on the 6680 is pretty cool too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

i had use of an ngage and a 3650 and a 6600 (?) for a while. same OS as 6680 but 6680 seems faster when changing screens etc. also it seems to me from memory that overall the features and options are more versatile

pc suite is a lot more stable now. synching is a dream.

mp3 playback quality is awesome

Advertisement