Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony NW-407 Flash player. Atracplus @ 64kbps

• 01-11-2005 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

I have a 3rd gen Ipod which was sitting idle all week after being on its dock charging for a weekend. Took it on the plane yesterday, and it gave me the dead battery two fingers. Picked up a NW-407 1Gb Sony flash player for €120 at the airport on the way back yesterday, seemed a good price. I am bloody amazed at the sound from the 64kbps ATRACPlus files ripped from a couple of CD's. Anyone else using that setting and impressed with it? I have been comparing it with the ipod this morning and I have to say I prefer the sound of the Sony. The Ipod is using 128kbps AAC. AND the sony has 40 hours battery life and trickle charge from USB. For a yoke the size and price of a Shuffle, it's impressive.

Cassiel.

Advertisement