Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

F.A.O. Honda Vtec owners.

Options
  • 01-11-2005 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what insurance company you used.
    My renewal is coming up soon and I wanted to find out if I could get a better quote.
    I've been with St Pauls for the last 3 years. First paid €2400, last was €1400.
    I'm well over 25 ;) and have been claims free for over eighteen years, although I only have proof of five years no claims.
    Tried phoning a few places, but a lot of them won't even touch a 2.2 Vti Vtec.

Thought it would be quicker to get your insurance companies as I would then know it wouldn't be a wasted phone call.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭CelticChick

I am with AXA, the Honda was an addition to my policy which put it up by €500 for the year. I've been with AXA for 8 years now though with no claims so that went in my favour and I'm female which always helps!

Maybe go to a broker- let them do the work for you in finding you the best quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

My VTEC is only a 1.6, but I paid less than 600 for TPFT from Quinn Direct earlier this year. I'm also well over 25 with a full no-claims. How well I'm insured though, I hope to never have to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,409 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kleefarr wrote:
    I've been with St Pauls for the last 3 years. First paid €2400, last was €1400

So you're in your mid to late 30s? Those premiums are shocking :eek:

Why are your with St Paul's? I thought they were a last call for people with claims / convictions, hence the high quotes, but I might be wrong there

My stats are similar to yours. I could get insured on just about any car (and I'm not talking a 2.2 Prelude, but serious performance cars) for under a grand. Ring ALL insurance companies AND all brokers before you renew, and let us know what's the best quote you got

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

23, 2 years no claims but full licence, 3 years and I got a quote of €2200 to renew my 150bhp golf gti with a value of approx €16,500 with ARB in the uk!!

Also worth a look at 123.ie, they will insure anything up to 3000cc for €1123, now there is a 4k excess but if the car is'nt worth much worth looking at,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

unkel wrote:
    So you're in your mid to late 30s? Those premiums are shocking :eek:

Agree with that.
    unkel wrote:
    Why are your with St Paul's? I thought they were a last call for people with claims / convictions, hence the high quotes, but I might be wrong there

They were the best on offer. Was done through a broker though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

kleefarr wrote:

They were the best on offer. Was done through a broker though.

That could be part of the problem,them being a broker.

Persoanally any quote ive gotten from a broker has always been more expensive than going direct to a company.

Try one direct,quinn,britton,tesco off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 65,409 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

eireal wrote:
    any quote ive gotten from a broker has always been more expensive than going direct to a company

Not always the case! I've been with Frank Glennon (Broker) for the last few years because they had the cheapest quote of all!

As I said, simply ring them ALL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

I was with Hibernian on my 2 litre Type R cost = €1,000 per annum and this included using the car for commercial use (I travel to and from customers' site). Without the cover it would have cost €800!

I have since sold the TypeR and bought a 1.6 VTi I have fully comp, step back, etc, for €640 including the commercial element again. But this renewal was with One Direct (under written by Hibernian, go figure!). At the time of the replacment I was considering a 2.2 VTi Prelude also, the insurance was coming in at €800 with One Direct.

I am 29 with 8 years NCB, full license since 1994. I'd do more shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I'd try britton insurance they are a broker but I have found them cheaper then most.

I am currently with Quinn myself because I told them I got a better deal they undercut the others.

Remember it's war out there.

Renewal due on the 9th.

Have tried few places. Most expensive €1099, cheapest €817 :D

The most expensive one was Hibernian and the cheapest one is.....

My original insurer StPauls. :rolleyes: I'm happy with that now. €817

Thanks for all your replies.

Have a safe but Merry Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

kleefarr wrote:
    Renewal due on the 9th.

Have tried few places. Most expensive €1099, cheapest €817 :D

The most expensive one was Hibernian and the cheapest one is.....

My original insurer StPauls. :rolleyes: I'm happy with that now. €817

Thanks for all your replies.

Have a safe but Merry Christmas!

€1400 down to €817 all for the hassle and price of maybe 10 phone calls @ 30c each! Bargain ;)

That €817 also includes a €45 brokerage charge, still a great price from St Pauls. They obviously don't want me to go anywhere else.

I received an email from ensure.ie this morning ask for the best quote I got. Replied to it and recieved another back saying that they couldn't beat or match it, what a very very good price.

I'm looking forward to next years now.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

670 Euros on a Integra Si 1.8Vtec with FBD through AA broker with full no claims protection, 32yrs old 8yrs no claims.
    I was with Hib before these and the best they could do was 850Euros with partial no claims protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

yeah, 800 or so is about right, you'll not get it much cheaper, i'm with FBD and paying that for my 2.2 vtec.

Advertisement