Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motorola v1050

• 01-11-2005 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

How do u copy files to and from a pc using this phone, I have the right cable

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I don't know if its possible to do so with the cable. I think the easiest way is to get a Memory Card Reader for the PC. About €20 - €40 depending where you get it and transfer them to and from the memory card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Caltecman

I'm sure u can do it just a question of software, might be wrong, motorola were saying that they have software u can buy from their site but there must be some free software, musn't there? ;)

Save yerself the hassle. Get the reader. It would be useful for camera memory cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i did find some software on the motorla website before for doing it. never actually tested it tho and i'd have to look for it again../goes looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭yak

afaik, iDen is a different type of mobile network...
    something along the lines of gprs/imode....
    could be wrong not certain...

as for transferring the photoes... you should be able to use 'phone tools' software. (its motorola's version of pc suite). otherwise use a bluetooth dongle and browse it like a networked pc... (should be possible but not certain)

Thr V1050 ain't got bluetooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

the phone comes supplied with a program called PhoneTools. It has a file explorer that allows you to copy files to and from your phone. Install it before connecting the phone to your PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

i have the same program with Phonetools and when i connect it it just says please wait.........

that's it it won't connect. i installed the program first then connected the phone. is there something i'm missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sportsman

Does the Motorola v1050 (bought from vodafone.ie) come with the Data Cable. Also if it doesn't is there a certain type of card reader i would need that would accept transflash memory cards ??

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

well with the sd adapter you only need one that will read sd cards and thats more or less all of the x-in-1 jobbies...

parsi wrote:
    well with the sd adapter you only need one that will read sd cards and thats more or less all of the x-in-1 jobbies...

Cheers mate

Sorry for the double posting but just looked at my sisters laptop and it has an SD card slot, would this be enough for the transflash card to fit ?

absolutely - stick the TF into the SD adapter that came with it and bobs yer uncle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

sportsman wrote:
    Does the Motorola v1050 (bought from vodafone.ie) come with the Data Cable. Also if it doesn't is there a certain type of card reader i would need that would accept transflash memory cards ??

Bought that phone a few days ago from the vodafone site. Came with a usb cable that i use to transfer images/mp3s etc on/off it using phonetools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Bought that phone a few days ago from the vodafone site. Came with a usb cable that i use to transfer images/mp3s etc on/off it using phonetools.

I wish my E770v had come with a USB cable :( ..... mind you I did get an SD adaptor for the Flash card and a set of head phones :cool:

I think the headphones are a bit clunky - they sound fine but the microphone part is some monster...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

Wouldn't use the headphones they supplied if i was using it anyway... way too big. Very good quality out of the phone though when the headphones are plugged in, as i not using the speakers.

Came with 64megs external which was nice but transferring one mp3 takes at least 5 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

if you're using linux, theres a program called moto4lin, which lets you access write/read the t-flash and the phones own memory, you can change stuff like icons and the startup animations

Advertisement