Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory problem

• 01-11-2005 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

Okaydokey so I have a Nokia 6630 and and 512mb card for it. I want to transfer a song from the computer to the phone via bluetooth.

The problem is that it has to go through messages which stays on the phone memory, 8mb. Usually isn't a big deal i could just delete messages some applications, etc and the songs would fit.

But the song (hurricane) this time is 8.2mb and won't transfer cos it's too big.

So what should I do try and convert it (i tried that once before with a convertor but it didn't work). Is there any way to place messages on the memory card?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

easiest way is to buy a card reader for a tenner or so, much quicker and reliable.. otherwise get the usb cable for the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

Yeah I'll probably get a card reader. I have the data cable but it doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

on 6680, go to
    messaging->options->settings->other->memory in use->memory card

i can only assume its the same on the 6630

it worked yesterday when i transferred a 10 mb file to my friends 6680 from mine

Ahh that wasn't there earlier!

I looked everywhere for that.

thanks a mil.

And now for the funny part, turns out WMA Files aren't supported and cos I need a license to convert it I won't convert.

I downloaded it legally so is there any way to convert it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

DRM i'm afraid, you cant alter the track much, doubt it will convert. Get it illegally on MP3 or ACC and your set!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can get an app to let the phone play wma iirc

Thanks

Any idea where to get one other than wmaplus10 cos a security error kepts comin up whenever I try to install it.

Oh, thats a common problem, can you install other apps on your phone?

If not,

menu>settings>manager>options>software inst=on/online cert. check=off

I had that problem and if you follow above instructions, it should install.

That worked freakonaleashx, thanks a mil, now I can get all the other apps that I wasn't able to get.

But the problem is that the song's stuck in messages and won't open. I keep getting that Messaging: Unknown file format error. Any ideas?

Hmm... what program are you trying to open the song with? If WMA Plus is a standalone program, install it, then run and try to play the song in that. Even if you have this WMA plus program, the nokia media player wont play your WMA track.

Speaking of 6680 music playing, the best solution I find, is to download a a Symbian 60 app called oggplay, then rip your songs to 64kbps ogg vorbis. I find it has the same quality as 128kbps mp3 and they take up half the space. Oggplay is a very nice app imo, even if it has problems reading ID3 tags (just artist, genre and album, not title for some reason) Highly recommended. I have twice the songs on my 6680 now. 25 tracks on the stock 64mb MMC. Not bad

• Advertisement

I'm just trying to open the message and I get Messaging: Unknown file format.
    Wmaplus has found all the other songs but not the ones is messages.

I got the same message trying to open oggplay too, maybe it'll work with a card reader.

Advertisement