Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart broadband exchange update

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I rang eircom, told them to cease the broadband (not your phoneline) and they did it straight away. I sent off the DD and CAF form to Smart and 11 days later, I was connected with a new phone number. My phone went dead for about 1hr today and then I was live on Smart.

Hope this helps.

Sean

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I rang eircom, told them to cease the broadband (not your phoneline) and they did it straight away. I sent off the DD and CAF form to Smart and 11 days later, I was connected with a new phone number. My phone went dead for about 1hr today and then I was live on Smart.

Hope this helps.

Sean
    Did you have to give a month's notice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

byte wrote:
    Did you have to give a month's notice?

Nope. I just rang them and they gave me a cessation number and when I got home It was gone from my line, which was quite annoying as I had a few torrents on the go at the time. I was outside of contract with eircom though.

Sean.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Nope. I just rang them and they gave me a cessation number and when I got home It was gone from my line, which was quite annoying as I had a few torrents on the go at the time. I was outside of contract with eircom though.

Sean.
    Ah right. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

Sean.
    I was playing pes5 after 12am when Eircom cut me off lol, a long 5 weeks without internet then b4 I had BB back with Smart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fredo

Does anybody have an indea or an info about Smart exchange coming to Maynooth/Kilcock?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Any timeframe re. Tralee exchange, have signed up and have been told that it will happen 'sometime' in 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Sometime in 2006 for the "Tullamore" exchange too. Hope Eircom dont enforce the CAP by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Fredo wrote:
    Does anybody have an indea or an info about Smart exchange coming to Maynooth/Kilcock?
    ?

Nick, whos the cutie in d photo? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Hi there,

I'm sick of my Irish Broadband connection that never works properly and I can't get Metro cos I don't have a line of sight so the next best thing for me (considering I can't get ntl either...) is now Smart.
    Unfortunately, I'm on the CABRA Exchange and it hasn't yet been upgraded. Smart say on their website it will be upgraded in March 2006. Is there anyone here who knows more about the upgrade on this particular Exchange? Is it likely to be done by March 2006?
    And for those of you who are already enjoying Smart BB, how's online gaming? Is the latency good and rock steady (latency is all I'm interested in really...)?

Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

DingChavez wrote:
    How bout Palmerstown? :v:

Palmerstown is still on the trigger program so they don't expect it to be enabled till late 2006. Do you know if ntl is due top come onstream soon, I know chapelizod have it which is just down the road, bit depressing...:confused:

Looks like Garfield has 'gone to ground':D . I am still ringing smart and getting the 'tralee is in the upgrade plan for 2006' speil.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Any one any idea when Rathedmond exchange will be done, on current build programme etc.......

Waiting almost a year now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Nutley was showing up on the line-checker as being ready in February, now it's got no time frame. This doesn't bode well for me.... again! :(

Hi there,

I
    And for those of you who are already enjoying Smart BB, how's online gaming? Is the latency good and rock steady (latency is all I'm interested in really...)?

Thank you in advance!
    Excellent for gaming, you can ask for your interleaving to be switched off and that really makes the games ping low.
    In HL1 I ping between 15-21
    HL2 18-25ish
    The support online is second to none too, it's like that their erm Boards people lol.

hll9ya.jpg

Uk website and as you can see interleaving off and 512 upload def does help...........

Found out today that most of Limerick & all of Waterford in not 'exchange enabled' and friends of mine still not even getting answers from Smart for when these 'larger' urban centres will be enabled.

It appears that the rest of us in Tralee, Sligo, Tullamore, Maynooth etc can forget about it for the next 9months+ .

Anyone from Smart care to respond?

It is a pity they would not be honest about the timeframe. If it was 9 months, I would move from eircom to one of the other providers for the next nine months and the past 9 months I was waiting. :mad:

I might just move to someone else and forget about smart. :mad:

What is the deal with the form that was sent in. This does this tie me to having to go with SMART. :confused:

Looks like it will be a long time before they have the first 100,000 customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

I'd love to know when Dundrum exchange is being updated! Sitting here with my crappy dialup. I ring every second week and get told a different thing everytime!

..anyone know when Dundrum is being done?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

my exchange (CABRA ) had a date MARCH 06 on it until recently

now its "on the current network build programme"

is this better or worse??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

BOHSBOHS wrote:
    my exchange (CABRA ) had a date MARCH 06 on it until recently

now its "on the current network build programme"

is this better or worse??

Worse methinks!:(

:mad: Sligo had a date of last June at one stage and it still has not been done. :(

Much Worse :eek:

Eircom have a lot to answer for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Walkinstown area, some of crumlin, templeogue and terenure area available now, i had a smart rep call into the house today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Any details on the merrion exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Hi

Has anyone heard anything about the Drogheda Exchange being enabled by Smart.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

maximus02 wrote:
    Hi

Has anyone heard anything about the Drogheda Exchange being enabled by Smart.

Thanks
    no

Hi there,

Last time I checked the SMART website to check my line (a couple of weeks ago) it said the CABRA exchange was going live in MARCH 2006.

Today, I get the following message:
    wrote:
    Your phone number 18****** is in the exchange CABRA.
    This exchange is on our current Network Build Programme.
    If you would like to avail of this amazing offer, please...

The whole "MARCH 2006" bit is no longer there! Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
    I'm afraid it means they have pushed the date back for CABRA... :(
    But I'm hoping it means they started working on it! :)

Anarchist wrote:
    Excellent for gaming, you can ask for your interleaving to be switched off and that really makes the games ping low.
    In HL1 I ping between 15-21
    HL2 18-25ish
    The support online is second to none too, it's like that their erm Boards people lol.
    These sound like really sweet pings alright! :D

What does switching off interleaving mean exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

What does switching off interleaving mean exactly?
    it means lower pings as long as it does not affect the stability of your connection , say you are 3km from the exchange you may need it.

Advertisement