Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart broadband exchange update

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Sponge Bob wrote:
    it means lower pings as long as it does not affect the stability of your connection , say you are 3km from the exchange you may need it.
    I think it's what they call in France "Option Ping"... I'll definitely be talking to them about that! :D
    Thanks Sponge Bob & Anarchist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

How about Phibsboro?

Ditto

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Signed up today for BT Broadband. They are doing a deal for eur40 p/m incl. line rental which is only a fiver more than smart and they claim;) that i'll be connected in 2-3 weeks.

Vote with your feet folks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Benny-c wrote:
    Signed up today for BT Broadband. They are doing a deal for eur40 p/m incl. line rental which is only a fiver more than smart and they claim;) that i'll be connected in 2-3 weeks.

Vote with your feet folks!!

Anyone heard word on the Belcamp exchange before i follow suit.
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

The next exchanges due to be enabled are available here

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=2188&postcount=49

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I suppose in fairness to Smart, they are rolling out fairly evenly across the nation. But if the Sandyford exchange were to be enabled, I'd be a happy camper and Smart would be a 6Mbps customer richer.

Does anyone know what "it's on the build programme" means in terms of time? Within a year sort of thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

I just checked the receipt for when I signed up to Smart BB.:cool:
    I was dated 07.03.05.:rolleyes:
    I have just ordered the birthday cake.:D
    I still don't have BB.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Same here - signed my mum's house up to Smart almost a year ago, but the exchange still hasn't been done and worse, there's no chance of moving to Smart and keeping her old number (eircom must have some legal dept to keep that charade up), so it's off to BT.

Anticipating some billing problems based on threads here, so I'm keeping a note of everyone's name that I'm talking with etc. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭greys

I've been keeping an eye on Smart Telecom's line checker tool for the past 2 months, and over last weekend I can see that ROCHESTOWN, SHANKILL and FOXROCK exchanges are now not even on their Network Build Programme, even though just last week the website claimed they were :(

So I guess that proves there's no point waiting for them to come live in the next few months in my area. That's it, EsatBT seems to be the only reasonable option then as I don't have NTL in my apartment block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Rathedmond Sligo, Any update????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

claregalway co.galway ,any update ???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

awhir wrote:
    claregalway

Never ever ever

HTH

Well I just cancelled my order. CABRA Exchange was supposed to go live in March 06 but no news since so I guess I'll just have to stick to IBB...

I'm disappointed in SMART

The LLU process for exchanges that do not have equipment in them already (putting gear in Eircom exchanges , providing ADSL2+ unlike eircom, and keeping your number and stuff) is dead in the water until Minister Dempsey brings out legislation he promised ages ago and has not even put before parliament .

email minister@dcmnr.ie and tell him you want an Unbundled Line in Cabra Today and what has he done about it this year .

I'll e-mail the bollix tonight

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sponge Bob wrote:
    The LLU process for exchanges that do not have equipment in them already (putting gear in Eircom exchanges , providing ADSL2+ unlike eircom, and keeping your number and stuff) is dead in the water until Minister Dempsey brings out legislation he promised ages ago and has not even put before parliament .

email minister@dcmnr.ie and tell him you want an Unbundled Line in Cabra Today and what has he done about it this year .

I am amazed at how many people are put off by having to change their numbers - even people who I know use their fixed line very little have told me they would not change.

email Noel Dempsey ( minister@dcmnr.ie) and tell him you want a constitutional right to your own number then, don't tell me :p

There will be no more exchanges done with advanced DSL services until Noel Dempsey gets his finger out and legislates for LLU .

Thats That. ...Reading on the Subject here

http://www.enn.ie/blog/index.html?/archives/74-Telco-trauma-over-LLU.html

But I don't care about my number! I'm the only one that knows it anyway... I just want SMART to say "Cabra's done. Want broadband for €35 a month?" to which I'd answer "Yeah! Hurry up!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

As with dingding an update on the rathedmund exchange in sligo would be very welcome, i first registered in feb`2005 for smart bb, e-mailed them recently and could not get a set date in 2006 if at all, this really is very poor service towards interested parties.

voyager :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

anyone know when FINGLAS exchange will be up...

• Advertisement

anyone ? , any info at all , garfield or any other smart reps can you give us any hope.

on the rathedmund exchange in sligo please.

voyager :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Do you guys post these requests on the Smart Broadband forums at http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

You may get a quicker response from the Smart Admins there.

A friend ( with Esat bt )in the same boat as me ( Eircom ) has done, and no responce what so ever :mad:

thats why i am posting here, hoping to get an answer from someone.

voyager :confused:

Anyone at all ? , even a hint of hope anywhere.

voyager :cool:

Is there anyone from Smart broadband that reads these posts, any customer relations person that can answer a legitimate question with an honest answer to people who want to become Smart customers and finally get away from Eircom, all we want is a date when the smart bb service will be active in Sligo (rathedmund exchange), a glimmer of hope to strengthen our resolve and keep us going during these dark times.

voyager :rolleyes:

anyone ? !!! any info at all, a rep from smart perhaps, i really have to get away from eircom, thinking of going wireless if possible but smart would be my first choice if i thought it would not be a very long wait.
    please someone must know a date even a year at this stage might be uplifting.

voyager :cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its great to see Waterford Central (not sure about Tycor) is FINALLY enabled, damn shame I went with NTL two months ago...oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

voyager try posting here ... it likely any news when it happens will be there

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

that been said there was no confirmation of waterford exchange going live in this forum ... its disappointing to see customers treated like this when all it would take is the ocassional post to confirm availability

Advertisement