Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The JVC LT32DS6 32" LCD

Options
  • 01-11-2005 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I'm looking to get a JVC LT32DS6 32" LCD, however I cant find reviews of it and peats dont have a demo model of it. It seems like a good screen on paper. But if anyone has some real world review that would be great. Cant seem to find any online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Peats lists this at €2219.00 which is very expensive IMHO but if you have the money to spend. I got a roughly same spec philips for €1499. HD ready but only has the dvi input instead of HDMI but that's not a problem. Anyway, I love it and perhaps the JVC is even better. Something I was a little dissapointed with regarding LCD is the brightness of the black in the picture compared to the clarity of the rest of the colours. For the price you're looking to spend I'd probably go for the 37" version of the philips I have. http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/catalog/catalog.jsp?fhquery=fh_secondid%3D37pf5320_10_ie_consumer%26fh_location%3D%2F%2Fconsumer%2Fen_IE%2Fcategories%3Ccatalog_ie_consumer%2Fcategories%3Ctv_gr_ie_consumer%2Fcategories%3Cflat_tv_ca_ie_consumer%2Fcategories%3Clcd_large_30_40_su_ie_consumer%26&productId=37PF5320_10_IE_CONSUMER&activeCategory=TV_GR_IE_CONSUMER&fredhopperpage=detail.jsp&language=en&country=IE&catalogType=CONSUMER&proxybuster=SB5KU3THSJAG5J0RMRCSHQNHKFSESI5P

Regardless of what you get you'll hopefully love it.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

sutty im looking into getting a lcd aswell, its a samsung 32" thats HD ready and has all the inputs like DVI and HDMI, currently the best price ive seen is €1300 but currys seem to do an offer with a dvd recorder and tv stand for it aswell,but at €1800, but im only interested in the TV itself.

I was planning on buying it online from here http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/99557/art/samsung/le32r51-hd-ready-32-82cm.html
    But since recently its gone up €200, and also a recent purchase of a dj console for a pc turned into a sony car radio, so im planning on buying somewhere thats in bricks and mortar.
    I have also had my eye on those phillips tvs with the lights at the rear of them, i seen the lion king on one of them in phillips in georges st and its good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Well I really have my eye set on this model. Its got a bukket load of connections (from what I seen on its little brother the 26") plus the 1000:1 Contrast and 7ms timings kind sold it to me. Here is a full Spec Of the TV here.

Then the Speakers are these

The Decoder is this one from creative again.

Then today I realised I was going to have a ton of remotes. So I orded this

For DVD Media I have a Kiss DP-1000, Fantastic little boxes and can be made reagin free out of the box using remote commands. Here is a spec sheet

nice setup, did you try www.avforums.co.uk, for a look see, there could be someone on there that has a review of that model.

Just was looking there, it seems to get quite good reviews. Think I will stick with it alright :D

• Advertisement

cool, hope you enjoy the setup, will you be using it mainly for movies and games?
    Aswell as tv ofcourse.

At the moment I am thinking Movies and TV. Dont really play that much games. However if I can trow together a decent media PC to play games on as well, I will be using it a fairbit. (one of the lads in the house doesn't want an Xbox in it as he will play it rather than do college work)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

I have the JVC 32. More than happy with it. Only one warning when connecting up to a PC is that is only supports 1024 * 768 (not widescreen) but if you have an ATi card you can force it to 1368 * 768. Just a consideration. I've it hooked up to a HTPC with a tuner card and can use the PC like a TIVO

drop me a line if any Q's
    R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Sutty - how much are paying/have paid for the remote.

is it really €249?

Nah, I got it from dabs, €216.14 inc Vat and shipping. Should be getting it today or monday (I'm hoping today) as the TV will be coming in from peats as well. So I'm going to have a busy Saturday....Busy but fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Nice Saturday for you then!

Jesus, that is serious amount of money for a remote - but fair play to you!

Aye it should be. Then the first thing being watch on it is LOTR Return of the king extended :D

Aye its alot, so I hope it works for what I want it to do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

www.komplett.ie now do a decent range of LCD TV's including those cool new Samsungs.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=313313&cks=PLS

www.dell.ie also have increased there range of LCD's
    You can now get a 37incher from them for 2414

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/lcd_w3706mc?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs

all the samsungs are out of stock everywhere, do you think if i wait till after christmas they will be cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Sparky_S wrote:
    all the samsungs are out of stock everywhere, do you think if i wait till after christmas they will be cheaper?

At the moment komplett claim to have 16 in stock of the 32 inch samsung

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=313313&s=sc

I dont think they'll be much cheaper after christmas.

yeah i was thinking of getting the 32" but ive been greedy and i want to get the 37" version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

A wise chioce. Its a thing of beauty.

Aye, it looks nice. Its got a crazy contrast of 3000:1! anyone know what the picture is like?

On an other note, I setup the TV and sound system on friday night... and WOW
    The Whole thing is stunning. So Stunning infact that all we (me and the 4 flatmates) done was watch movies. I didn't even get to wall mount any of it. so its all sitting freely at the moment :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

Here is a review of one of the Samsungs.

Samsung LE32R41BD 32in LCD

:cool:

Advertisement