Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Developments??????

Options
  • 01-11-2005 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi, myself and my boyfriend are considering buying along Dublin's commuter belt, Kildare, Laois, Offaly etc.
    Is there a site, or has anyone any information, or where you can search for new property developments in those areas. We where in portarlington at the weekend and saw at least 10 developments, but online they don't seem to exist... so am I looking in the wrong places or do these developers just not have any web sites???

Strange post I know, but I can rely on you guys for a bit of helpful advice:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Svenright

Hi ya,

I think the best thing to do is contact the developers yourself requesting plans of dev. They will have their contact details on a sign on site with the developments name. In some cases developers do not set up a website/page until late in the dev. by which time the "off the plans" prices have gone up slightly so i would recommend that you be proactive and chase these developers for details- time is money and all that!

best of luck with the house hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Might I suggest going to http://myhome.ie and clicking New Developments or else follow this link. http://www4.myhome.ie/search/search.asp?prop_type=new
    and then enter the county you want and I'm sure most of the developments are on it. However I'm also pretty sure you would have thought of this already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

Thanks for the advice, I actually wasn't aware they listed up and coming developments on that site:)
    You know when someone applies for planning permission, they have to announce their plans, by putting the notice in their garden etc, is there a public forum that big property developers announce their plans?
    You see I am fairly young, so is my boyfriend, we are both in our early 20's, and together we earn 55k per year... this will go up, obviously, as we have just graduated from college and are in our first months of full time employment, however, for now, money is tight, so if we could buy from the plans, that would be excellent!
    When I was in portarlinton I saw beautiful 4 bedroom detached houses, with 3 bathrooms, for under 250k! it only takes an hour to get to dublin city centre from port (its taking my boyfriend an hour to get from whitehall to harcourt st as it is!) I don't know how we justify the prices in Dublin.... but I'll leave that rant for another thread:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

www.sullivan.ie

New develeopments have some nice ones on the northside commuter belt ie Balbriggan,drogheda etc

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

audge wrote:
    You know when someone applies for planning permission, they have to announce their plans, by putting the notice in their garden etc, is there a public forum that big property developers announce their plans?
    Each council usually lists applications and decisions on a weekly basis.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

audge wrote:
    it only takes an hour to get to dublin city centre from port (its taking my boyfriend an hour to get from whitehall to harcourt st as it is!) I don't know how we justify the prices in Dublin.... but I'll leave that rant for another thread:p

Bear in mind that it only takes that long to get to the outskirts of Dublin. As you get nearer Dublin you will hit traffic jams that may take a long time to get through. Many commuters say that the last 20% of their journey takes twice the lenght of time as the previous 80%. Then vice versa as they go home. It would be worth making the journey a few times at peak traffic times to see what you would actually have to do each day.

Or as you are only in your first month of work and it generally takes a 6 month history of earnings to get a mortgage. Why not rent somewhere that you are thinking of buying in order to see what it would be like to live there without making the commitment of buying.

There is a reason that many people are willing to pay more for less house to live centrally. You could be perfectly happy living in Port Arlington or similar but it wouldn't hurt to try it out to make sure.

Advertisement