Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battle of the Knights

• 01-11-2005 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I have knights of the old republic 2 the sith lords for the xbox and am thinking of getting the first one. is the first one better than the second and why? bachelor no.2 same question. sorry, lost it for a second there. would it be better to get knights 1 for the pc or xbox if at all. and finally, is there anyone in the dunshaughlin area willing to sell knights 1 or even trade it for a number of other games for a few weeks.

cheers

Knights1 or Knights2? 2 votes

KotOR
    0% 0 votes
    Sith Lords
    100% 2 votes
    Both Equal
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

both games have positive and negative points.

knights1 has a less in depth alignment system, in knights 2 you could be extremely evil or really good whereas knights1 was less extreme on those fronts.

knights1 has far, far better characters and character development. the story in knights 2 is good. but because knights1 was so awesome there wasnt much surprise when knights2 came out i feel.

the gameplay in knights 2 is better (even though it changed very little).

graphically knights1 still looks good with everything maxed out. knights 2 still looks better.

all in all i would prefer knights 1 but you cant not play knights2 if u liked knights1 and vice-versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 1800callturk

thanks dude, so, anyone in or around dunshaughlin selling knights1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

In my opinion KOTOR1 was far superior to KOTOR2. Granted, visual gloss was applied to the sequel, but I preferred by far the original game with its superior storyline, better narrative arc, more interesting characters and the fact that it was the original and had more of an impact than playing the sequel (which to me is a glorified expansion pack of the first game). You can pick it up cheap in Gamestops around the country, I saw it in three Gamestops (Carlow, Dublin & Waterford) for €29.99 or pick it up second hand in... any game shop really..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

KoTOR 1 was much, much better - mostly because the sequel was unfinished. There was so much left out of KoTOR in a rush to get it out, that the story ends up being a confusing mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

I'm not a fan of Kotor at all, got the first and just couldn't get into it, must be something wrong with me. Although that does mean I have it to trade for some other game. But this isn't a buy/sell/trading board so PM me if you want it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I think this thread need a poll

I played and finished KotOR 1 recently, I have heard that KotOR II isn't as good, a friend of mine bought it and didn't bother finishing it because he said the story is ****e in comparrison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 1800callturk

just bought knights1, it's great, thanks for your input everyone!

Advertisement