Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midland developments?????

Options
  • 01-11-2005 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi, myself and my boyfriend are considering buying along Dublin's commuter belt, Kildare, Laois, Offaly etc.
    Is there a site, or has anyone any information, or where you can search for new property developments in those areas. We where in portarlington at the weekend and saw at least 10 developments, but online they don't seem to exist... so am I looking in the wrong places or do these developers just not have any web sites???

Strange post I know, but I can rely on you guys for a bit of helpful advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

What places were you looking at in Port???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

Ah we seen a loada new sites up on de way to the station and out the edenderry road. Wouldnt mind considering portlaois. you familiar with the developments out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Polly19

Try Kilminchy on the Dublin road,in Portlaoise.A few thousand houses were just built there over the last 5years and the Dublin road connects straight onto the by-pass linking Portlaoise to Dublin(oviously :)).Theres also a new developement going up behind Kilminchy on a road called Borris Road(its linked to the dublin road aswell)

But carefully consider moving into Laois.On the radio I heard Laois County Council have new plans,that they have decided on,to relocate 100,000people from the Dublin area and rehouse them in Laois,within the next 10years.This will lead to a huge building boom and also small villages,towns will rapidally grow,and Portlaoise will practically be developed into a city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

Hey Polly, thanks for your advice... I am actually from Dublin myself, and strangely, the thought of Laois becoming more of a "city" attracts me even more to the place. I love portarlington and Portlaois, but I love my city living too, so if I can find a spot that can gimme the best of both worlds, and be under an hour from dublin by train I would be delighted!!!!

Id recommend Portlaoise then.

Theres the cinema,bowling alley,three nightclubs,god knows know many pubs and its also within driving distance of Kilkenny or Carlow if you feel you want to go for a night out there :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Tullamore is another place to keep in mind, being developed alot at the moment and once the motor way is completed next year you will only be an hour or less from dublin. It has the usual, night clubs, bowling alley, loads of pubs and some nice parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Wouldn't recommend Portlaoise, Tullamore is a much nicer place. I think the prison in PL brings the area down. People are much friendlier in tullamore!

I dont agree that he prison brings down the place.

Its now suitated practically center of Portlaoise but its not in the way of shops or housing.The estate beside the prision is now gone and around it is just a car sales place,the fire station and the scouts quaters.It possible influences the fact that a mojority of people youll run into in Portlaoise are prision officers but in the 19 years Ive lived in Portlaoise Ive found it a great place.If only they would stop digging up main street though...

Advertisement