Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon x800 xt

Options
  • 01-11-2005 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Bought about 1 year ago, was trying to start up Black and White 2 when i get really spikey cones etc sticking out of all the surroundings, followed by red checkers down the screen, when the game is quit, it carries on to the computer where i am flushed with lines of checkers down the screen. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

card might have borked. Have you restarted your machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

Yes, i've tried updating all components of my computer with the latest drivers and i've tried to reduce heat to the card as much as possible. It only seems to happen either directly on start-up or if the computers been on for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Is it happening if the game is not run? Have you tried other games?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Download Ati tool. Run Scan for artifacts at stock settings and kepp an eye on the temps. 80s are bad 90s really bad and over you are killing your card.

Advertisement