Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

is an aftermarket exhaust illegal?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

eireal wrote: »
    Unfortunatly im sure your aware modified car drivers are also classed as "boy racers" and are liable to be stopped under what ever crack down is ongoing at present.

Personally ive not heard or known of anyone to be convicted for a different exhaust on there car

where is this country going.....

allright anyone who drives a modified car = boy racer. I had a huge argue with athers at work, who called me a boy racer, only becouse i would drive a modified car.

I tryed explain them: driving a modified car is for a reason, to be different from thousands of same cars. I whant mine ride to look unique.

And what about extra hp under the hood : i allways whant to have extra ponys there, you newer know when you need that extra pony to get out of the dangerous situation!

A few times i was safed only becouse i was driving a 2.0 car, and managed to get out of dangerouos situation by increasing mine speed rapidly. If i would be driving 1.2 puntocoffin, i would be dead by now.

I hate this here: modified car= boy racer...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Wow, 3 year old thread! Knew I saw it before!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

mossy619 wrote: »
    but have the loudness when u need it like on my polo

Hahahahah funny guy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

where is this country going.....

allright anyone who drives a modified car = boy racer. I had a huge argue with athers at work, who called me a boy racer, only becouse i would drive a modified car.

I tryed explain them: driving a modified car is for a reason, to be different from thousands of same cars. I whant mine ride to look unique.

And what about extra hp under the hood : i allways whant to have extra ponys there, you newer know when you need that extra pony to get out of the dangerous situation!

A few times i was safed only becouse i was driving a 2.0 car, and managed to get out of dangerouos situation by increasing mine speed rapidly. If i would be driving 1.2 puntocoffin, i would be dead by now.

I hate this here: modified car= boy racer...

Ever thought your 'extra pony' got you in the dangerous situation in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

still cant see a definite answer in the form of a link to the actual law

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I will still to the aul Air Filtre for now I think :p

Only one guard ever stopped me about tinted windows and he goes "do you know tinted windows are.." and I cut him off saying illegal lol. He just drove away and hasnt even looked my way since.

Advertisement