Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why so Little

• 01-11-2005 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

how come there aren't many one-cam sitcoms on tv like malcolm in the middle or srubs, or do i just not know about them? if anyone knows something i don't, can you please tell us about any other good one-cam sitcoms? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I honestly don't know what a one-cam sitcom is. I don't care how many cams a show has as long it's good.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Arrested Development!! We've been praising it constantly here on boards and it's a "one cam" show as well. You must watch this show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Watched that (Arested Development) for the first time the other night after hearing a good bit about it.. wasn't that impressed :-/

I'm guessing that voice over runs through the entire series? The whole episode seemed like a 'last week on...' kind of deal, quite destracting I thought. I'll give it another go though... maybe I'll grow to like it.

Seemed like a (far) lesser Curb Your Enthusiasm to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Would I be mistaken to say that Paths To Freedom is one cam?
    (Thursdays 9 RTÉ TWO)
    Is Kate and Kim?
    (Tuesdays 9 RTÉ ONE)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Everyone Hates Chris

Is definately One Cam.

http://www.upn.com/shows/everybody_hates_chris/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

I watched Arrested Development for the first time the other night and loved it. It's like a better version of Shameless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

I watched Arrested Development for the first time the other night and loved it. It's like a better version of Shameless.

Except they are two different genres? AD is pure comedy and Shameless is more of a dramedy with just the right mix of both comedy and drama. It doesn't really make sense to compare them.

As for one cam sitcoms, they are more expensive to produce and take longer. A regular multi cam sitcom is shot pretty much in one night and in the US they have a much better success rate. US audiences seem slow to embrace one cam sitcoms, evident by the fact no one is watching Arrested Development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

ixoy wrote:
    Arrested Development!! We've been praising it constantly here on boards and it's a "one cam" show as well. You must watch this show!

I agree

Advertisement