Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who else loves Bjork ?

Options
  • 22-09-2001 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

.. and what do you think of the new Album ? Theres some lovely tracks but its very quiet, oh so quiet. Very relaxing though.

Loads of reviewers on Amazon think its her best, but I don't know. I think Selmas Songs could be. Have yet to see Dancer in the Dark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

True Vespertine is a great album, much better than I was expecting, I don't know how you can call it quiet though, sure theres no army of me, but its basically a studio album in a much more orchestral and choir type direction (homogenic and selmas songs mixed together I would have said)..
    best tracks are easily "its not up to you", "hidden place" and "harm of will" and "pagan poetry" has been duly added to my top 5 bjork songs, its simply a stunning track.

I haven't read any reviews but I wouldn't go as far as to say it is her best album though, Debut and Homogenic would be on a par in my mind above this and Post... Selma Songs imo is a soundtrack for the film and nothing more, not an album, it gets tiring after a few listens due to its short length.

If you are into Bjork though, go locate the following unreleased tracks: Karvel, Scary, I Go Humble and Charlene.... all pure Bjork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Will indeed go looking.

Apparently she would like to tour with an orchestra in small locations with good acoustics so she can sing without amplification. That would be real cool.

I haven't heard all of debut. Might get it Monday.

Advertisement