Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catcher in the Rye???

Options
  • 22-09-2001 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I finished reading Catcher in the Rye, Dont Know why i started but...
    I just wanted to Know what every 1 else thought of it.
    I thought it was a bit strange but interesting , what bout u???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's been so long since I read it I can barely remember any of it. But I do remember realy liking it, but I don't remember why. I must uproot my old copy and reread it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Brown Eyes

I don't think you can enjoy it if you are over 16. I tried to re-read it recently and was flabbergasted at how I could have thought it was so profound and brilliant first time round. Holden Caulfield just annoyed me this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

The first time I read it I couldn't believe the kind of applause it had always received. Its disjointedness really put me off.

Now though, well really, I haven't a clue what to make of it to be honest. For me, it sure wasn't profound, it sort of stumped me actually. Having said that, I couldn't put it down.

When I was 12 or so (when I first read it) the kinds of books that I liked were "Goodnight Mr Tom" and "To Kill a Mockingbird" and stuff like that.

Advertisement