Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless in Swords

• 01-11-2005 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Anyone living in Swords in Nth Dublin (renting in ground floor apartment) that has wireless. Near Airside Ind Est.

Seems no one wants to give me wireless broadband! :-\

Had my heart set on ClearWire but put my details into the site and no such luck :(

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Whats the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

And the question is
    b3n wrote:
    Anyone living in Swords in Nth Dublin (renting in ground floor apartment) that has wireless. Near Airside Ind Est.

I'm also living in Swords near Airside but not on wireless. Never checked it out really. I went for BT and then got a wireless router for the apartment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Doh, misread that part. Sorry.

I'm guessing your other alternative is IBB. But you might have to check to see if ur allowed to install an aerial on your apartment building. Have you no phone line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

irlrobins wrote:
    ...But you might have to check to see if ur allowed to install an aerial on your apartment building. Have you no phone line?
    That's a very valid point. Check this first or you could end up with a bigger bill than you bargained for! What with removal/cancellation fees etc.

By the way, why specifically a wireless provider? Not saying there's anything wrong but prices are not 'generally' cheaper, even when you include phone line rental. BT had a good offer of €40 p/mth for 1mb BB + line rental (€25 p/mth for first 4 mths!). Plus I'd be wary of signal strength issues. I'd prefer it coming through a line preferably.

EDIT: Sorry, just checked IBB... prices from €18.95 p/mth. My bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭b3n

Checked IBB and because we're an apartment they said no straight up!

I'm not going with a phone line for the simple reason i think paying for the rental is stupid, also if the phone is there we'll only use it! Its the beauty of having a mobile with no credit, you can't use it!

I found IBB very much useless when i was makin small enquiries :-\

• Advertisement
Advertisement