Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mp3 player for me?

• 01-11-2005 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

Ok, so some asshole snatched my handbag the other day, and I've lost everything I had, including my sony hd5. The sony hd5 is the second mp3 player I had, the first was an ipod which while very pretty I wasn't happy with due to poor battery life, poor customer service, annoying software problems.

The sony mp3 player was fantastic, brilliant battery life, plenty of storage, handy features, nice and small. But the menu system didn't look very good and the software on it was appalling, it was literally so bad that I didn't get round to putting all my music on because it just took sooo long.

So now I'm looking for a replacement mp3 player which looks nice (subjective I know), good battery life, easy or very little software (ideally just drag and drop), small but with at least 6 Gig of memory, oh and no propriatory music formats.

Any suggestions, is there any device that fits the bill for all my needs? I'm considering the zen 20g - it looks nice and is very reasonable for the price, but I don't know what the software is like on it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

What's the sub-name for the Zen 20gig you're thinking of? (sleek, touch, micro, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

The first one I saw was the zen micro, 6gb, for £150 which seemed nice. But then I noticed the zen 20gb (is it a touch maybe) for the same price so I'd probably go for that one. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BLEW9I/qid=1130877048/sr=8-5/ref=pd_ka_5/026-4352991-3522851

Do you know what the software's like for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I have a creative player myself, and I found the software ok. It's not as simple as drag and drop (unfortunately because I'd really like that), but I've yet to have it give me any problems, or even crash on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

Actually to hell with that, I just had a look at the IAudio X5L and it is beautiful. Has every feature I could want and all the reviews are great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

skipn_easy wrote:
    Actually to hell with that, I just had a look at the IAudio X5L and it is beautiful. Has every feature I could want and all the reviews are great too.

Good choice...you won't be disappointed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Aye, you'll be happy your handbag was snatched once you get your hands on it;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I have the Zen Sleek 20Gb and would defo recommend it. AFAIK the Touch doesn't have an inbuilt radio but I could be wrong. I think the Sleek has superseeded the other Zen's.

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPR-Creative_Labs_ZEN_SLEEK_20GB

Btw if you've used an iPod before then you'll be at home with the Zen as it uses the same interface. Invented by Creative before Apple... betcha didn't know that :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

jaqian wrote:
    I have the Zen Sleek 20Gb and would defo recommend it. AFAIK the Touch doesn't have an inbuilt radio but I could be wrong. I think the Sleek has superseeded the other Zen's.

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPR-Creative_Labs_ZEN_SLEEK_20GB

Btw if you've used an iPod before then you'll be at home with the Zen as it uses the same interface. Invented by Creative before Apple... betcha didn't know that :-)

i'm seriosly considering getting one of these.

i have a couple of questions,

can you bookmark tracks? and preview tracks while one is playing?

thanks

Advertisement