Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Avid Trial

• 01-11-2005 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Have heard from a few people that Avid is the industry standard editing program and that they've got a very good free trial available for download on their website..i've tried to download it several times but it seems to be extremely slow and shuts down just a few sec after i open it....it's not a virus on my p.c. cause all other programms are running fine...i've uninstalled and reinstalled and dowloaded it on three seperate occations but still with no success..can anyone help shed some light on this for me please? Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

jom1133 wrote:
    Have heard from a few people that Avid is the industry standard editing program and that they've got a very good free trial available for download on their website..i've tried to download it several times but it seems to be extremely slow and shuts down just a few sec after i open it....it's not a virus on my p.c. cause all other programms are running fine...i've uninstalled and reinstalled and dowloaded it on three seperate occations but still with no success..can anyone help shed some light on this for me please? Thanks in advance...

what spec is your pc and what os are you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jom1133

Running win xp Pentium 4 CPU 1.60GHz, 256mb ram - wha u think mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

jom1133 wrote:
    Running win xp Pentium 4 CPU 1.60GHz, 256mb ram - wha u think mate?

possible the lack of ram, i know they reccommend 1gb, so that could be an issue..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

decob wrote:
    possible the lack of ram, i know they reccommend 1gb, so that could be an issue..
    Runs fine on mine, and I only have 256. I have a 2.26Ghz Pentium 4 though, maybe the clock speed gives it a push.

Regardless the software should run, the spec will only make it run better.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jom1133

cheers lads...it's now coming up with a message - "possible corrupt heap"?!?!?! Might just try download FCP instead - is that gud? Or do ye have any other recommendations?

• Advertisement

jom1133 wrote:
    cheers lads...it's now coming up with a message - "possible corrupt heap"?!?!?! Might just try download FCP instead - is that gud? Or do ye have any other recommendations?
    It's Mac only software. Your best bet on PC is Adobe Premiere, if you want a professional standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I would hardly call Premiere Professional.... Also, I assume you'll be downloading a Trial version.

John

Lump wrote:
    I would hardly call Premiere Professional....
    The same level as Avid Free or Final Cut Pro if used on a home computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I don't think so.... but each to their own.

John

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Does anyone have a direct link to FCP or Avids free trial? Ive looked at both the websites and cant find them.

• Advertisement

Advertisement