Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoD -v- CoDs Screenshots

Options
  • 01-11-2005 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

As requested by Spooky here, I have taken some screenshots of 3 different maps which are found in both games.

Here's Railyard/Stalingrad first:

CoD_Railyard_01.jpg
    CoD2_Stalingrad_01.jpg

CoD_Railyard_02.jpg
    CoD2_Stalingrad_02.jpg

CoD_Railyard_03.jpg
    CoD2_Stalingrad_03.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Here's Carentan:

CoD_Carentan_01.jpg
    CoD2_Carentan_01.jpg

CoD_Carentan_02.jpg
    CoD2_Carentan_02.jpg

And finally Dawnville/Ste-Mère Eglise:

CoD_Dawnville_01.jpg
    CoD2_Ste-Mere%20Eglise_01.jpg

CoD_Dawnville_02.jpg
    CoD2_Ste-Mere%20Eglise_02.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Wow, CoD looks a hell of a lot better than CoD 2.

True... The screenshots I've posted don't do CoD2 any justice... Could be due to the display settings I have for each game... But when I play, I find CoD2 better than CoD! Awesome game...

Just finished my first match on CoD2 and we won! Delighted with that too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

nice comparison screens Steff,

One thing I don't like about CoD2 is that all of the maps are kinda "dark", everything is "gray" to give them more of a war atmosphere, it feels like it's going to rain any minute lol, would be great if there were more sunny maps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

u must have terrible grahics aor them set on very low...coz it looks amazing

Very true CyberGhost! Carentan and Dawnville were really nice, sunny maps in CoD but now they are much more realistic and sad... But I'm getting used to it and I think it does wonders for that "war atmosphere"! :)

Do you find it really hard to spot people standing at windows? In CoD they really stuck out but now you have to be mighty careful! It's so dark!

God I love this game... Which means most of you won't I guess (Drapper & Co.)! :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

what have they done to cod:( prefer the original tbh

Do you find it really hard to spot people standing at windows? In CoD they really stuck out but now you have to be mighty careful! It's so dark!

Yes! it's damn hard to spot people now, also it's harder to rifle moving targets, in CoD, you have to aim/shoot a little ahead, in CoD2, you have to put it right on the target and sometimes you even have to wait a little so a target has passed your iron sight by like 5 milimeters and then shoot :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

what have they done to cod prefer the original tbh

Have you played it?

• Advertisement

Obviously not...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Very true CyberGhost! Carentan and Dawnville were really nice, sunny maps in CoD but now they are much more realistic and sad... But I'm getting used to it and I think it does wonders for that "war atmosphere"! :)

God I love this game... Which means most of you won't I guess (Drapper & Co.)! :p

Its a good game not a great game !! ;-)

Drapper wrote:
    Its a good game not a great game !! ;-)
    Did you download it Drapper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Did you download it Drapper?

no but I will be buying it tomorrow!! ;-) I like the screeenies you've poted and I am a COD fan.........

Drapper, truuuuuust uuuuuusssss.....*you like CoD2, CoD2 is the most wonderful , best coded, friendliest game you've played*

No no seriously, you'll hate it at first, but after couple days and once you set up binds and stuff, you'll begin to love it.

I loved it from the start! Can't wait to start real competitions again!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well rail yard looks the same but i see the differences in carenten all right.i looking it running on my bros pc and it looks class.

Advertisement