Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'How many times' thread

• 01-11-2005 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

How many times have you....

Said 'hi' to Audrey that works in The Stables serving teas and coffees and lunches and breakfasts?

Eaten a sausage baguette?

Queued for a computer in the library?

Wondered what you were doing in the Lodge when they played 'Rock The Boat' yet again?

Wondered what you were doing in a lecture when it turned out to be a really boring one and you would have learnt more productively and efficiently if you had gone away and studied yourself?

Say that you are gonna go away and study but end up whiling away the time on boards.ie?

Waited for over 20 minutes for the bus into town that's supposed to pass through every 20 minutes?

Passed someone else you know in UL and they say 'Hey howsitgoing' but they have no intention at all of stopping and finding out howsitgoing so why they asked howsitgoing is a mystery?

Heard someone ask 'what do you think of this year's batch of first years?'

Typed out, written down or called out your student id number?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Said 'hi' to Audrey that works in The Stables serving teas and coffees and lunches and breakfasts? Never

Eaten a sausage baguette?Too many times to count

Queued for a computer in the library?I never queue

Wondered what you were doing in the Lodge when they played 'Rock The Boat' yet again?Im always drunk when I go to the lodge(you have to be in that place) so I have a great time when it comes on!!!

Wondered what you were doing in a lecture when it turned out to be a really boring one and you would have learnt more productively and efficiently if you had gone away and studied yourself?I think that at least twice a week

Say that you are gonna go away and study but end up whiling away the time on boards.ie?Too many times to count

Waited for over 20 minutes for the bus into town that's supposed to pass through every 20 minutes?about twice

Passed someone else you know in UL and they say 'Hey howsitgoing' but they have no intention at all of stopping and finding out howsitgoing so why they asked howsitgoing is a mystery?I do that!!!

Heard someone ask 'what do you think of this year's batch of first years?'Iv said that!

Typed out, written down or called out your student id number?aprox 156,986,756 times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

cooperguy wrote:
    Passed someone else you know in UL and they say 'Hey howsitgoing' but they have no intention at all of stopping and finding out howsitgoing so why they asked howsitgoing is a mystery?I do that!!!
    [/B]

I'm guilty of that too, I do it all the time. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

gaf1983 wrote:
    Chicken baguette, surely? The stuff of legend. How many times have you walked to Spar for a morning after chicken roll and wished you'd the energy to get one from the SU?

How many times have you gone to the trouble of getting out of bed, getting dressed and walking to college in time for a 9am lecture only to pass the Scholars and decide you can't wait an hour for breakfast?

How many times have you held a door open for someone who's just far enough from the door that it wasn't worth your while holding it and you feel a bit stupid standing there?

How many times have you gone to the trouble of hitting the snooze alarm for a solid hour instead of realising you're not going to get up and turning it off?

How many times have you gone online to check something for a project, opened a site to look at while your work was loading, and found yourself still surfing hours later, with that one work page still open?

How many times have you swore you're not going out cos you can only afford to drink at home, only to find yourself in the Lodge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

How many times have you held a door open for someone who's just far enough from the door that it wasn't worth your while holding it and you feel a bit stupid standing there?
    all the bloody time

How many times have you gone to the trouble of hitting the snooze alarm for a solid hour instead of realising you're not going to get up and turning it off?
    I did it this morning!

gaf1983 wrote:
    all the bloody time

yup me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

How often, when you were on coop, did you mean to ring your friend to go on break when youre not supposed to, and accidentally ring your boss? Once, just an hour ago. D'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Wondered what you were doing in a lecture when it turned out to be a really boring one and you would have learnt more productively and efficiently if you had gone away and studied yourself?

Last year, I couldn't learn anything from studying. It was only lectures and tutorials, same in first year. This year, tutorials are rubbish, and lectures aren't much better. Labs are a joke.

I don't think I'm going to improve my "Going to lectures" track record enough so I'll have to study on my own.
    Waited for over 20 minutes for the bus into town that's supposed to pass through every 20 minutes?

I've waited around an hour on more than one occasion waiting for a bus back from Raheen to UL(had to get two busses though) when I was working in Dell.

The amount on money I had to spend on taxis is amazing.

And the buses have gotten worse and worse. I remember in first year the buses into town from UL were quite reliable. Now they're a joke. They're NEVER, EVER on time. And Bus Eireann don't give a ****.

Bus Eireann is run by snotty sacks of **** who deserve to get the crap beaten out of them.
    Passed someone else you know in UL and they say 'Hey howsitgoing' but they have no intention at all of stopping and finding out howsitgoing so why they asked howsitgoing is a mystery?

Quite a few times. Especially since I only have a grand total of two friends this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

How often, when you were on coop, did you mean to ring your friend to go on break when youre not supposed to, and accidentally ring your boss? Once, just an hour ago. D'oh!

As a witness to this event i must say it was the funniest thing ive seen in a long time! the way you said "sorry, wrong number" repeatedly! ha!!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kodute wrote:
    As a witness to this event i must say it was the funniest thing ive seen in a long time! the way you said "sorry, wrong number" repeatedly! ha!!:D

Great in-joke! I think a PM would have been more appropriate for that message though. As a non-witness to the event, I feel its unfair to be subjected to what I consider to be pure spammage. After all this is supposed to be a board for all of UL, not just a few select people who know each other :rolleyes:

Only messing with yas!!!! ;)

As for the whole 'Keeping doors open' for people, I do that all the time, and you always feel like an eejit standing there for 3 or 4 seconds!

How many times have you gone to the stables for 'lunch' and ended up staying there drinking for the rest of the day?

I ended up doing this a few times coming up to the exams last year I took a break from studying in the library for lunch and didnt leave the stables till 11 that night to collect my bag that I had left at one of the pc's!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

ive met friends for a cup of tea in the afternoon, then stumbled my way to the hurlers, then to slodge, then to some house party in briarfield a few too many times for someone who is trying to take her FYP seriously...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Chicken baguette, surely? The stuff of legend. How many times have you walked to Spar for a morning after chicken roll and wished you'd the energy to get one from the SU?

How many times have you gone to the trouble of getting out of bed, getting dressed and walking to college in time for a 9am lecture only to pass the Scholars and decide you can't wait an hour for breakfast?

Yep, loads

Zillions...but only in UL, haven't done it (yet) over here :cool:

How many times have you gone online to check something for a project, opened a site to look at while your work was loading, and found yourself still surfing hours later, with that one work page still open?
    Hell yeah!

How many times have you swore you're not going out cos you can only afford to drink at home, only to find yourself in the Lodge?

:D

Said 'hi' to Audrey that works in The Stables serving teas and coffees and lunches and breakfasts?
    Nope, never

Again, never

Too many times...but those days are over!!:D

Wondered what you were doing in the Lodge when they played 'Rock The Boat' yet again?

Say that you are gonna go away and study but end up whiling away the time on boards.ie?
    Guilty as charged

Too many times, that "timetable" is a joke

Ah, probably

I haven't seen the latest batch...what do ye think of them anyway?:D

Zillions and zillions and zillions...I don't think I'll be able to forget it in a hurry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

[b]Never; don't eat there[/b]

[b]plenty 'o' times[/b]

[b]the joys of a laptop so never[/b]

[b]never[/b]

[b]a lot more often this semster :-/[/b]

[b]a few times :)[/b]

[b]twice[/b]

[b]never actually thought about this tbqh *shrug* [/b]

[b]never, aside from rory on 'Open_Days' :)[/b]

[b]log2 n*n[/b]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

cooperguy wrote:
    How many times have you gone to the stables for 'lunch' and ended up staying there drinking for the rest of the day?

As one of the rules on the brilliant Holymoly rules of modern life puts it,

"Nothing 'productive' can come from just nipping in for a quick pint at 2 in the afternoon. You will probably end up pissed, in a pool of your own vomit, having just kissed your best mate's girlfriend."

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

id say thats mighty productive...if you've had your eye on the best mates gf for a while....

Advertisement