Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consolevania!

Options
  • 01-11-2005 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

This has to be the most original games show out there at the moment. The show is presented by two guys from scotland who deliver a strange review on games with extremely funny sketches like pimp my console. Please everyone check out there website and download the previous eps because this show is about to become legendary.

It gets its tv debut on November 4th at 12:00 on BBC 2 Scotland re-titled Video Gaiden.

http://www.consolevania.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I'm a big, big fan of this show. Genuinely funny for people who play videogames and interesting enough to watch for people who don't know anything about games. My girlfriend (who doesn't play videogames) recently laid down the law when we were watching When Games Attack: "No more games shows that aren't Consolevania."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The reviews are sublime. Really funny and entertaining, as well as informative. I love it when they review **** like Batman Begins and really take the piss out of it. And when they're positive about stuff like Leasure Suit Larry you can see where they're coming from even if you mightn't go for it yourself.

The sketches are extremely hit and miss. And it looks incredibly amateurish, but It's showing lots of potential. If they got some more money together, and don't opt for the godawful "challenges" format of past TV shows then we could be in for the first decent games TV show since Gamesmaster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

always meant to get my hands on that show, digitiser/gamecentral used to pimp it like crazy

Yeah - I'll be real interested to see how it survives the move to BBC. I don't think the BBC would be all that impressed by some of the reviews or sketches (like the Batman Begins review: "Fuck Oaf Batman")

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Kind of like 'Vids' from back in the day, is it?

oh how I miss old skool late night channel four.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I love it lol. Fook off Batman, Gaysey is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Just watched videoGaiden now...

They don't seem to have compromised at all for the BBC... all very much the same style as Consolevania.. except with better production values.

Although they really need more than 10 minutes... the reviews in particular felt very rushed.

I loved the at home with Mr. Pyramid Head from Silent Hill sketch...

Oh yes... and even John Gacy made an appearance.

Is there a torrent anywhere yet? Or did you watch it on d'telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I watched it on Sky digital. You can program in the regional variations for the BBC channels.

http://www.breakbeat.net/videogaiden/Videogaiden_-_Episode_1.avi

There you go lads. The creators are fine about people downloading it. Said so on the www.rllmukforum.com forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Excellent. I don't have digital and I've been looking for a torrent or something all afternoon, for a few minutes. Thanks for the link!

Hooray! Cheers buddy!

That was bloody excellent. Looks much more professional now. The shorter runtime reels in the sketches and gives them a better focus. I'd say they'll get clearance for 30min shows next series the way things are going.

I have to say I loved the show last night , the lads rule. I especially loved the bit in the kitchen. They need more time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

have a tonne of these somewhere, will see bout torrenting or hosting later if people would like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

That would be great. I missed the first series of Consolevania, and the low quality downloads are near unwatchable.

The first episode of videoGaiden was brillaint, but it deserves a full half hour! The accent becomes a bit of an obstacle when they stop pausing for breath.

Doodee wrote:
    have a tonne of these somewhere, will see bout torrenting or hosting later if people would like?
    Are they of good quality cause the first ones were very bad qual and could hardly be watched.

afaik they are the originals

have a day off today so will sort them out now

here ya go. all 6 eps are Rar'd up.

http://62.231.48.229/files/other/Consolevania.rar

I just got my delivery of Consolevania an ep per disc. They are all dvd quality got them off the makers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Did you ask them nicely or did they charge you for them WDK? (or do you know them ;))

Thanks for the rar Doodee :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mercy bo cups Doodee

I asked them nicely, Odiedodie stuck em on 1 disk per ep.

have no problems hosting them if you fancy sending them this way on dvd ;)

Thanks very much Blitz btw it was a quality episode.

Hello Blitz just wondering can u hook us up with ep3 tommorrow. It would be much appreciated mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

videoGaiden broadband player

videoGaiden, BBC2 Scotland's videogaming show is going online. The audience feedback, and the fact that it appears that the show is available for download ten minutes after broadcasting, have led us to give it a broadband player in addition to its Scotland-only TV slot. All of the episodes will remain on the below site for duration of the run, though viewing is limited to the UK. The url is www.bbc.co.uk/videogaiden
    I've tried it, and it doesn't seem to be limited to the UK...

The quality is pish though.

I hope this doesn't mean the end of the DivXs that guy was putting up :(

• Advertisement

I doubt it tbh.

Advertisement