Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN @ £0.0066/minute = 128k at almost local call rates?

Options
  • 22-09-2001 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

I just read this on Esat's page (business page):
    http://www.esat.ie/products/isdnsvc2.asp

The price for off-peak and weekend calls on ISDN is £0.0066/minute, which is pretty cheap compared to £0.01/minute for normal local calls.

So basically it's *almost* at around 1.3pminute for ISDN 128k, which isn't have bad given the other options at the moment.

How would it be possible to be in Esat for "Business Purposes" (I mean, what really is a business.....I could sell, eh, tictacs to my cat or something)? Or is this a total non-starter. The prices look good though, as it would be just a little increase on local call rates on 56k by around 25% to get 128k access off-peak; day rates are 1.2p/minute for single 64k.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You need to want to get at least 6 maybe more channels before esat will talk to you, they will sell you a dual channel line, if your waiting on their leased line.

So bottom line is, unless you want several channels, and your willing to pay the line rental for them, you can’t get the lower charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Hi,

Problem with esat.net ISDN is that they'll charge you £600py to use it, but you can get fixed IPs for that.

And, of course, esat.net's ISDN has been completely unreliable for the last number of months. Don't expect to be able to see large chunks of the internet if you use it, btw.

The best solution for you, as a really heavy user, is that I believe that Eircom.net have some sort of biz account ISDN that costs about £62 per year that you can use their 1891 number on and you can use both channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

Ah OK then. I was thinking it seemed a little too lenient on the charge front. :P

Advertisement