Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eating habits

• 01-11-2005 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have a friend who never eats a full proper meal. This person always snacks. Nothing unhealthy will pass this persons lips. A basket of fruit will be quickly eaten, home made bread, crackers, healthy cereals, etc... all gone very quickly. This person lives at home and never has meals with the family. The rest of the family don't eat meals either, only some times.

I myself eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack every day. I figure this to being proper. I figure what the friend is eating isn't the greatest. The friend is by no means a "health freak", this person just likes this type of food and rarely bothers with the whole cooking thing.

Am I the one thats mad to think that this type of diet is probably wrong. I have heard that light snacking throughout the day is better for you but surely my friend is going about it the wrong way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I eat in a similar fashion actually. I have a full meal at supper time when my mom cooks but during the day its lots of fruits and vegetables :o .
    Dont really no why, i just really like them. Friends used to think i was crazy when i whipped out a cucumber/pepper from the fridge and just ate it whole.
    For instance tonight i had a full super with the folks, and im now on my 8th orange :).
    I think im doing something right, i have not been to the doctor in over 3 years, i cant remember the last time i was mildy sick and iv never taken anti-biotics :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i wouldnt worry too much because at least its healthy food, u can eat all the fruit u want..this person probably has a high metabolism, burns off the food quickly and never seems to be full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

i wouldnt worry too much because at least its healthy food, u can eat all the fruit u want..this person probably has a high metabolism, burns off the food quickly and never seems to be full

This is the downfall actaully :(. I feel like my metabolism is on overdrive all day, i can eat a huge plate of food and 40-50 minutes later ill be hungry again, drives me mental. Its also very hard to gain any weight and even harder to keep the weight on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

ah yes i see, my sister's like that, she's quite slim, doesnt put on weight and eats and eats. i tend to eat little and often, hate having a big meal cos i get full quickly but its only temporary till a while later. i find myself feeling ravenous but when i get the food i only eat half of it. considering, its prob something i should be more worried bout. i actually dont put on weight, but im round average weight/height so its not like its that obvios

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

So, where's the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

:confused: I'm under the impression that current thinking is that you should eat little and often instead of large meals as the body deals better with food that way.

example: http://www.copacabanarunners.net/ioften.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Could be worse. Could be like my flatmate who never eats a meal full stop and when he does stuff his face on junk he pukes it quietly back up again 20 minutes later.

Advertisement