Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

west cork

• 01-11-2005 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

anyone ere frm west cork bandon area!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

I'm from outside Bandon! Class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

No, but living about 10 miles from Bandon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭SandhillRoad

Sound would be good with this !

viewcard.asp?code=RB27676890

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Moving to Clonakilty next month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭SandhillRoad

Moving to Clonakilty next month!

Famous People Born in the Area
    William Ford, Henry’s Ford’s Father, was born in Ballinascarthy in 1826, emigrated to America in 1847

Replica of Model T, to honour the Ford family connection
    in Ballinascarthy

William Michael Harnett, artist, was born in Clonakilty in 1848

Michael Collins, Irish Leader and patriot, was born in Woodfield, Clonakilty in 1890 and died at Beal na Blath near Bandon in 1922

Alfred Elmore, artist, was born in Clonakilty in 1815.

James Hickey, great Grandfather of J. F. Kennedy, was born at Clonakilty Bay in 1837.

Dan O’ Leary, world champion long distance walker, was born near Clonakilty.

Timothy Warren-Anglin, journalist and later Speaker of the Canadian House of Commons, was born in Clonakilty in 1822.

David Goodman- Crowley, author of "Miscegenation" the famous anti-slavery book published in 1863, was born in Clonakilty, 1829.

Timothy Deasy, U.S. Civil War veteran & fenian rescued by Manchester Martyrs in famous 1867 police van break was born in Clonakilty

Colonel John Warren, U.S. Civil War veteran and fenian, involved in "Erin’s Hope" incident in 1867 was born in Clonakilty.

Mary Jane Erwin, third wife of O’ Donovan Rossa, was born in Strand House in Clonakilty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Lots of nice historical things to see as well. Not much to do in or around the Bandon area.

moved down to clonakilty just after xmas...

whats there to do in the area in the evenings during the winter? (I know the summer will be better)

I do a bit of jogging and soccer and that keeps me going but there doesnt seem to be much else to do...

anyone any ideas of clubs in the town apart from the usual soccer and gaa?

my girlfriend is just starting a photography course but would prefer not to do that as thats "her thing"... gives her our own space...

thanks for any suggestions ye may have folks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭John C

Halfway along Pearse St. in Clonakilty there is a dry cleaner's. It's window is usually plastered with notices about what is on.

John C.

John C wrote:
    Halfway along Pearse St. in Clonakilty there is a dry cleaner's. It's window is usually plastered with notices about what is on.

John C.

ah right! nice one... cheers John... will take a look tonight...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement