Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plain

• 02-11-2005 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

hey how's it going.

does anyone know where i can buy these in town. they are fairly basic just plain sweaters like these.

850321172403?$product_detail$

the image is pulled off a tommy hilfiger site. i prefer not to buy from them as i know 90% of my money would be going towards a tiny little red/white logo.

also i'm on the lookout for plain zip up hoodies.

the cheaper the better aswell since i'm a student i don't have cash coming out of my ass.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Golf shops would stock those types of tops, i have 2 black ones that i got at Mcgregor Golf (think thats the name). Not sure what the price was though :confused: (dad :rolleyes: ), but probably not cheap from the looks of that shop. Perhaps try the golf shops around dublin :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The Eager Beaver for hoodies? They have quite a few good plain hoodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Pennys have loads of plain jumpers and hoodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

eager beaver for the occassional plain zip up hoody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah try Dunnes and Penneys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Cremo wrote:
    i prefer not to buy from them as i know 90% of my money would be going towards a tiny little red/white logo.

Fair enough, thats what most people think but I dont agree. Ok, you are paying a bit for the label but expensive clothing like that is made from good quality materials and the stitching and construction is of very high standards. From my experience with tommy hilfiger stuff they wash very well i.e keep in shape and keep the colours..and most of all dont shrink or tighten up..unlike some other cheaper brands..

Hakko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Fair enough, thats what most people think but I dont agree. Ok, you are paying a bit for the label but expensive clothing like that is made from good quality materials and the stitching and construction is of very high standards. From my experience with tommy hilfiger stuff they wash very well i.e keep in shape and keep the colours..and most of all dont shrink or tighten up..unlike some other cheaper brands..

Hakko

Have to agree completely with you on this one! I'm a bit of a label freak anyway. The quality is ten times better, I mean whats the point in buying something that's going to fall apart the first time you wash it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Thanks Ravenhead..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'll admit that some branded stuff lasts longer but non branded stuff certainly doesn't fall apart the first time you wash it.

I'd imagine you can get 4 dunnes/pennys jumpers for the price of one of the same jumper from tommy hilfiger, now if the dunnes/pennys jumper lasts half as long as the tommy jumper then you're still saving money.

Anyways thanks for the suggestions all, I'll try eager beaver/dunnes/pennys the next time in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Steer clear of Penny`s, its a load of ****, the quality is terrible, it will shrink!.

• Advertisement
Advertisement