Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer

Options
  • 02-11-2005 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Well, its that time of the month again. The first Friday is nearly here so its time to make drinking plans. Any takers for 6pm in the Phoenix on Friday 4th? (ie. the day after tomorrow*?)

John.

*= Assuming your reading this on Wednesday.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Beer me, bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Come on people! There's drinking to be done! beerchug.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

fcuking alcoholics :rolleyes:

rymus wrote:
    Fcuking wussies. :)

rymus wrote:
    Ah, but if you come we wont be alcoholics but social drinkers :)

• Advertisement

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Fcuking wussies. :)

Fcuking people that change their usernames :p

Whatyoutalkinboutwillis?

where did that other bloke disappear off to? I'm hugely confused Ted...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yeah, I could have my arm twisted....where you thinking of?

Woohoo!
    JohnK wrote:
    6pm in the Phoenix
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Ah, yes. If I wasnt being blind and stupid yesterday due to having One Of Those Days At Work, I might have noticed that...d'oh!

Anyway, I'll pop along for a while tonight...only finish work at 6 though, so I might be a bit late.

Yaaay, three. Only eight and a half hours to go. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

No can do. I'm so utterly broke it's going to be a night in drinking the cooking sherry, and all those weird bottles of booze that you put at the back of the cupboard, saying "I'll never drink that!"

hmmmmm advocaat

advocaat2.jpg

Someone remind me where the Phoenix is...otherwise I'll get lost, and my brain isn't working today.

If you're standing right in front of City Hall, facing it, turn right, cross the road, and walk three pubs down the quay.

By the X in the attached (I think!)

Well, that was fun. Quite glad I didn't make it to the Long Island though, as I would quite possibly have woken up in hospital otherwise. Good night though - the Clarion Hotel bar was an unexpected laugh :)

Oh, and further to a particular bit of the conversation, I've put this picture on my boardspace...hehe.

I was blotto, woke up this morning and found a scattering of keys, money and assorted clothes on the floor in the living room. Lost the stylus for my phone too. :( Alka Seltzer has worked it's magic though. ;)

The next First Friday will be the last of the year (obviously). I reckon we should arrange it now so everyone can arrange themselves around it. No excuses later, and since it's on the 2nd it'll be way too early for silly "family + christmas" excuses.

We should do something different though. I say pub crawl, perhaps starting at Cissy Youngs at the top of the Bandon Road? People can wander in as they feel comfortable, just text beforehand to find out where we are. Pint a pub, no exceptions.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Ken Shabby wrote:
    The next First Friday will be the last of the year (obviously). I reckon we should arrange it now so everyone can arrange themselves around it. No excuses later, and since it's on the 2nd it'll be way too early for silly "family + christmas" excuses.
    *sigh* I'm working... yet again... make it the last Friday of the month* and I can pencil it into my diary now!

*of this month that is...

• Advertisement

Dear god, my head! Adam, what the hell was in that last drink we had?

JohnK wrote:
    Dear god, my head! Adam, what the hell was in that last drink we had?
    Well, I remember having an Old Fashioned because that's why I wanted to go to the Long Island, so that would be bourbon; but they do have a nice cocktail menu so perhaps we started on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

God damn it, I was all up for Christmas beers, but that first Friday is already booked for our departmental Christmas dinner.

BTW does anyone know what the Pembroke restaurant in the Imperial is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

dudara wrote:
    God damn it, I was all up for Christmas beers, but that first Friday is already booked for our departmental Christmas dinner.

So is that two people for the last Friday of this month then instead??
    any chance of having Christmas Beers to be changed, just for this month??

Let's let it run into next week a little, see who else responds. If it's just going to be a half dozen of us, obviously we'll have to change it. It's unlikely we'll get a date that'll suit everyone though, particularly not at that time of the year.

adam

If its the last Friday of this month I'm out. I'll be in London that weekend.

John's the only one that's consistently come to the BBC's, so I think the last Friday of this month should be out too. How about the 9th? 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th?

I realise that this may break some people's brains, but....why not just have several christmas beers? I mean, it's not like anyone involved is going to turn around and say "no, I've been to the pub too much lately", is it?

It's difficult enough trying to get more than three people out once a month these days, I'm not going down that road. Feel free yourself though.

• Advertisement

Now now, I think it's clear that I'm far too lazy to go organising one of these shenanigans...not so sure whether it'd work, I just figured it'd be a good excuse for you, john, possibly myself, rymus and sacha to spend friday, saturday and maybe sunday in the pub of choice and then whoever else wants to come along does so on whichever day suits them best.

Advertisement