Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ah. Well, you should have said. That actually appeals to me, but in all honesty I don't think I could do it any more. I can drink a dozen pints in a night, no problem; maybe even go for two in a row; but three'd kill me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

It'd be a great way to go though :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Oh come on, let's give it a go just once. I know for a fact that you can hold more beer than me, so if I turn up every time then clearly you should be able to. We can always make the sunday session a quiet one. (I'd probably have to in any case, given that I'd more than likely be working on the Monday...)

Plus, as john says - what a way to go :D

Well, if the two of you are up for it, I can hardly argue, can I? Shall I advertise it around the lists?

The more the merrier :) What dates exactly are we talking about now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd personally suggest closer to xmas but I'm open to all suggestions

Not sure. 2/3/4 December? Fysh, is that what you meant?

EDIT: If we're doing three days it might be easier to do that dudara. When do you suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Well, if the two of you are up for it, I can hardly argue, can I? Shall I advertise it around the lists?

Careful, it'll get mobbed then!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Let me just check my diary.

The 2nd is out for me, at the moment, but the 3rd and 4th are fine. As are most other dates, AFAIK

damien.m wrote:
    Careful, it'll get mobbed then!
    You mean Peter and Sascha will turn up? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Mob rule with the German I would think.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

So is the concensus that a weekend-long BBC would be a good idea, or at least an interesting experiment? I'm easy on dates, so long as it's not the christmas weekend or after that as I'm away in spain.

A weekend long pissup sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Ok, so people know when I'm on and off up to Christmas, here's my schedule:
    877d&.dnm=6ffd.jpg&.src=ph

(I hope that works anyway?!)

it's self explanitory, the D = Days, I start at 7am and finish at 7pm, if I go out that night, no drink for me!
    N = Nights, start at 7pm, finish at 7am, I can't go out any of these shifts.

EDIT/just realised there's two days I missed, the 26th and 27th, days.. Saturday and Sunday

Too small to read DB. Do you have to log in to zoom or summat?

How about this for a plan so folks, starting on First Friday (the 2nd):

5pm pub crawl on Friday, otherwise the people that go out on Friday night wouldn't be able to hack it. Crawl starts in Cissy Youngs at the top of the Bandon Road and proceeds down Barracka, with the ultimate goal being cocktails in the Long Island. Standard Beecher pub crawl rules - listed below - will apply.

Saturday evening in a hotel lounge somewhere; the Clarion was nice the other night, so maybe there. Say 8 or 9pm, to leave ample time for recovery. We'll wander around a bit, but no pub crawl, just aimless drinking.

Sunday in the Franciscan Well, as soon as you've recovered; whether that's 3pm or 10pm. If we're lucky it'll be sunny, but wrap up warm just in case. We might stay there for the day, or maybe troop up to Tom Barrys for the lovely fireplace in the evening.

I'll publish my mobile number somewhere so people can note it down and text me to find out where we are whenever they're on the way in. Maybe a couple of other people can publish theirs too, just in case.

APPENDIX I: The Rules of Pub Crawl
    1. You do not talk about PUB CRAWL.
    2. You DO NOT talk about PUB CRAWL.
    3. If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out, the drink is over.
    4. Only two guys to a drink.
    5. One drink at a time.
    6. No shirts, no shoes.
    7. Drinks will go on as long as they have to.
    8. If this is your first night at PUB CRAWL, you HAVE to drink.
    APPENDIX II: The REAL Rules of Pub Crawl (aka Adam's Rules of Engagement)
    1. You may not pass a pub if it's open, no matter how filthy, obsessively trendy, or dodgy it looks.
      (Exceptions may be made for pubs off the main stretch, if it looks like it might drag us off course.)
    2. You may not have more than one drink in each pub. Pace yourself. (See points 7, 8 & 9.)
    3. You may take a "drink holiday" at any point in the crawl, for as long / as many pubs as you feel necessary.
    4. If you take a "drink holiday", the other participants are entitled, nay encouraged, to take the mickey out of you.
    5. If you buy a half, other participants are required to take the mickey out of you. Girls too I'm afraid. Halves are so over.
    6. You may not "break for food". If you're hungry, eat pub food or beermats.
    7. You may not leave a drink, or any portion of a drink, behind. Think carefully before buying. Is a "drink holiday" worth it yet?
    8. The other participants are not allowed to leave until the last drink is finished.
    9. Other participants are entitled to harrass, bribe, cajole, blackmail, beguile or exert influence in any way to encourage you to "hurry up and finish the bloody drink so we can get to the next pub, ffs".
    Those are the rules of Pub Crawl. If you break the rules in any way, you have to go home. Breaking the rules purposely as an exit strategy may be used against you at future events. The judge's decision is final.

Drink!

adam /here come the judge!

PS. I'd like to add that I'm going easy with ye on the time. Real pub crawls start at 11am.

That looks like a mighty fine plan :)

That sounds like exactly what I was thinking of, only with, like, actual planning thrown in. Nice one Beecher. I see you're hoping for a second attempt in the Clarion with that notoriously narrow window of yours ;)

Dunno bout the rest of ye pussies, but I'm there with bells* on, providing of course I have cash. Which, well, can be arranged. ("Rent money? What rent money?" etc etc).

* That's bells, not balls. Ye can turn up your birthday suits if you like, I'll be wrapped up warm against the cold, thanks.

Fysh wrote:
    That sounds like exactly what I was thinking of, only with, like, actual planning thrown in. Nice one Beecher. I see you're hoping for a second attempt in the Clarion with that notoriously narrow window of yours ;)
    Ah, the scoring days are over forever Fysh. I'm just teasing these days, for the ten minutes that I can. Me, a flirt, that's a good one. :)

I don't think I'll have any money either, but screw it, I'll sell the mother's jewellery. She won't mind. If she does, I'll sell her. That'll learn her.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Ah, the scoring days are over forever Fysh. I'm just teasing these days, for the ten minutes that I can. Me, a flirt, that's a good one. :)

adam

;)

;)

Right. Adam, you've got about 10 minutes starting....NOW!

• Advertisement

;)
    Shameless hussy.
    Fysh wrote:
    Right. Adam, you've got about 10 minutes starting....NOW!
    Oh, I'll need more than 10 minutes with LilMs Fysh. I'm an awful tease.

adam

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

no can do, working all that weekend... sorry the pic is soo small, nothing I can do about it, I'm on nights that weekend...

Advertisement