Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Zen Micro 6GB

• 02-11-2005 3:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=311727&cks=SER

I'm hopefully buying a Creative Zen Micro 6GB within the next week or so, any comments on this player would be appreciated? Have you got one do you like it? Is it easy to record something off the radio onto the player?

Thanks ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

I know this player has an FM tuner but can anyone confirm that you can record something off the radio on the micro and listen to it later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I know this player has an FM tuner but can anyone confirm that you can record something off the radio on the micro and listen to it later?

Yes you can, I have the 5 gig version, but I must admit the FM receiver is not great, maybe the 6gig is better!!!

Greenman wrote:
    Yes you can, I have the 5 gig version, but I must admit the FM receiver is not great, maybe the 6gig is better!!!

nice one, all i wanetd to do was record some of the radio shows i like so i can listen to them whenever i want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

can you just drag and drop your music from your pc over to your player?

I want to get a similar sized player for my partner but their last one needed to use some jukebox software thingy that made itself my default player and changed loads of settings, so I want one where you can just drag stuff over like my iriver?

I want to get a similar sized player for my partner but their last one needed to use some jukebox software thingy that made itself my default player and changed loads of settings, so I want one where you can just drag stuff over like my iriver?

Don't think many mainstream players are drag and drop, and i know this creative im getting isn't :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yes and no. It's not a USB Mass Storage Device (there is such a mode on the player, but anything you add in there, is not accessible on the device, it's for data transfer only) but you should be able to update the firmware on the device to MTP (you can on the 5GB, which is what I've had for about a year now).

As an MTP device, it will work on any Windows XP PC with SP1/2/x64 with Windows Media Player 10 installed. If you open "My Computer", you'll find it just pops up as an audio device and you can simply drag any music (as long as it's WMA or MP3 of course) to the Zen's music folder. If the PC has XP and WMP 10, you don't need to worry about ANY other software...

The downside of MTP is that it will make your Zen a Windows XP-only device. So, you will no longer be able to use it on 9x or 2000, etc. For me, that's not an issue, since all my home and work PCs use XP anyway, but it's something to consider...

Advertisement