Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - New connection, old phone

• 02-11-2005 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Quick question but not easy to get an answer on the web. Vodafone's website provides neither a sales office number for non customers nor a sales enquiry email address. Not that I could find anyway.

If I move from O2 to Vodafone and opt to keep my current phone for the time being, in the absence of the phone I really want frim the current line up, can I get a new phone at a later date at the new connection price?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

no and why the heck would you want to go to vodafone? dont like carrying around all that heavy money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

The wife is on Vodafone, so there's a saving straight away with the friend for free minutes. Add to that the fact they have a mast on the building where I work so they are the only network with coverage inside the building. I work shifts, so if there's an emergency at home she can get me straight away rather than leave voicemails or hope somebody else can get a message to me.

So, to summarise, it makes sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

yes and no, if you do a sim-only connection during your years contract you should be able to ring vodafone and they will give you an upgrade, this however is not the same value as a new connection discount. Also confirm this with a vodafone agent before you go ahead, I did this about 2 years ago and that was the case.

@ Commander vimes, Im also on vodafone and have been on every other network and still find them the cheapest because of my friends and family using them also. Its not always a clear cut as you think.

milltown wrote:
    The wife is on Vodafone, so there's a saving straight away with the friend for free minutes.
    why not consider 3 (http://www.three.ie). their 600 minutes package is 60, vodafones is 99. with voda you get call a friend for free minutes but you'd have to make 39 euro worth of calls to one person every month to break even.
    milltown wrote:
    Add to that the fact they have a mast on the building where I work so they are the only network with coverage inside the building.
    wait for it: wherever 3 dont have coverage, they use vodafones. anywhere you have voda coverage you're guaranteed to have 3 coverage. i've just saved you 39 euro a month. :)

@ Commander vimes, Im also on vodafone and have been on every other network and still find them the cheapest because of my friends and family using them also.

you say voda is cheaper because your friends and family are on them. having all your friends and family on voda makes little difference because on contract you only get call a friend for free minutes to 1 person. and on ready to go, the "special rate" for calling other vodafone customer is still higher than meteors rate to everyone

(pay as you go prices)
    Peak----Off
    To Vodafone Ireland mobiles and Irish landlines
    50c
    15c
    To other Irish mobile numbers
    65c
    30c
    Text messages
    13c
    13c

Meteor:
    Meteor-any network or landline
    text messages
    free texts to other meteor customers till 2008
    or 5c calls at all times to other meteor customers

i haven't included o2 but they're also cheaper (marginally)

you say you "find" them cheaper but simply looking at the numbers shows they're not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

Three is extortinate to call abroad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

why not consider 3 (http://www.three.ie). their 600 minutes package is 60, vodafones is 99. with voda you get call a friend for free minutes but you'd have to make 39 euro worth of calls to one person every month to break even.

wait for it: wherever 3 dont have coverage, they use vodafones. anywhere you have voda coverage you're guaranteed to have 3 coverage. i've just saved you 39 euro a month. :)

Not quite that big a saving, I was only going for one of the lower end plans but it does look like a better option than VF. I wasn't aware of the coverage agreement. Will certainly look into it further.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

(pay as you go prices)
    Peak----Off
    To Vodafone Ireland mobiles and Irish landlines
    50c
    15c
    To other Irish mobile numbers
    65c
    30c
    Text messages
    13c
    13c

you say you "find" them cheaper but simply looking at the numbers shows they're not

Im not on PAYG, Im on voda-bill. I worked in the carphone warehouse for over 3 years, I know what the price difference is in the companies. The simple fact of the matter is that the bill that come through my door is cheaper with vodafone than with 02/Meteor.

My bill never goes over €40 per month (€8 text bundle, €29 Perfect fit) I dont really go over the inclusive min's.

Advertisement