Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag

Options
  • 02-11-2005 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

This is some pain in the ass. Is there anyway you can find out if a player youre about to play suffers from lag? What causes it? slow connection?( I have 8Meg broadband.)

I played 4/5 games last night and only ONE was lag free. it was the same story of going two goals up in the first half and conceding three in the second. Someone told me that people can cheat by downloading stuff in order to slow the connection up.

Surely theres a way that you can see a players ping rate before you play them. Otherwise Online PES5 is seriously flawed.

This is the PC version I'm talking about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Where'd you get 8meg? Whats your upload like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

When you're challenging someone/being challenged it shows a symbol to show a good the connection is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

Salmon wrote:
    Where'd you get 8meg? Whats your upload like?

Bulldog UK. I live in Manchester. Its great.
    When you're challenging someone/being challenged it shows a symbol to show a good the connection is.

What do the symbols look like? link? please?

Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TheLedge wrote:
    Bulldog UK. I live in Manchester. Its great.

What do the symbols look like? link? please?

Cheers:)
    Looks at the manual :rolleyes:
    It's near the back somewhere.... a special section on online play.
    Something like green for good... amber for "so-so" and red for poor.
    Also, you sohuld only notice lag in on half.
    If you create the match room, you should only get lag in the 2nd half as you host the 1st half..... and vica-versa.
    This is why it's crucial you score as many in the half you host! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

TheLedge wrote:
    This is some pain in the ass. Is there anyway you can find out if a player youre about to play suffers from lag? What causes it? slow connection?( I have 8Meg broadband.)

I played 4/5 games last night and only ONE was lag free. it was the same story of going two goals up in the first half and conceding three in the second. Someone told me that people can cheat by downloading stuff in order to slow the connection up.

Surely theres a way that you can see a players ping rate before you play them. Otherwise Online PES5 is seriously flawed.

This is the PC version I'm talking about.

To answer your questions, what causes it is actually Latency. This basically means it depends on the quality of your connection from A to B with A being your computer and B being your opponents computer. I read somewhere that Pro Evo 5 only uses something like 6/8kb download and upload or something...which is nothing basically. So even on a 384kb/128kb broadband connection that should be enough theoretically. Although, optimum results are achieved by people with 1/2mb downspeed and 256k upload...maybe ring up your isp and ask them to test the quality of the line as you are getting poor results?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

Cheers for all your comments. Will try it again tonight.

See you in Lobby 7 !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Just got online for first time ever last night.

Noticed the lag in second half alright.
    Takes quite a bit of the gloss off such a good game :(

Advertisement