Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Esat Bt installation

• 02-11-2005 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just a quick question to those with the Esat BT service! I've been waiting for what seems like ages for my bb connection (Probably because it is ages!). The latest update in the saga is i have recieved a letter looking for a deposit of €125. Does anyone know how long i will be waiting once I have paid the deposit? Just trying to guage where abouts my application is in the esat installation process!!!

Salmon.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Salmon wrote:
    Hi All,

Just a quick question to those with the Esat BT service! I've been waiting for what seems like ages for my bb connection (Probably because it is ages!). The latest update in the saga is i have recieved a letter looking for a deposit of €125. Does anyone know how long i will be waiting once I have paid the deposit? Just trying to guage where abouts my application is in the esat installation process!!!

Salmon.

You are actually lucky that you got a letter requesting the deposit:rolleyes:

Esat have left lots of people in limbo without actually writing to them to tell them this depost is necessary.

I repeat myself here so apologies in advance. Anybody paying a deposit up front should look for a receipt for the amount in question; full details of when and how the deposit will be refunded; full details of how the deposit could be forefitted. any reputable company should be glad to provide these details up front. There has been no indication on here so far that Esat are willing to do this. that should speak volumes for where they are as a company and how they treat their customers.

It is only a matter of time until posts are appearing on here complaining that deposits have been forefitted in respect of bills that never issued:mad:

Incidentally this deposit lark is a nice way for Esat to get an interest free condition free loan from their customers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Thanks for the advice! Has anyone any experience of how long it takes after the deposit is paid? 1 week, 2 weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

HAHA, That Sounds Famlier:rolleyes:

Here's My story,

I ordered ESATBT on august 4th and got a e-mail to confirm my order. There website says you will be up and running in 14days? 15 days later no word or package. I rang them and got through after 45min and they said the order was messed up. I asked why no contact me? " we sent you a letter". They said i had to pay €125 charge, no probs passed me through to sales and told thats wrong no charge....couple of minutes after being on hold, sorry my mistake you have to pay €125. I still was not confident about this, but proceded. Then 2 weeks later again, no sign or phone call, so i rang again...56min later on hold i get through the order will be completed on 28/9/05 21 days later even tho the website says 14days. I sent a letter of complaint and got a reply to contact the complaints staff, but suprise suprise no one was ever in only the answering machine. The i get a call from supervisor and he left a mgs, i rang him back twice adn asked him to ring mu mobile. I was waitning a week, no word so i cancelled and now gone with
    EIRCOM haha.

I'M still waiting for my refund:mad:

Best of Luck haha:D

oopps!! That doesn't sound promising!! Has anyone got a good report on Esat BTs internet customer service, or installation. Come on, gimme some hope!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

I could go if you want? I still never got a call back from complaints or that supervisor. I got e-mail a couple of weeks ago saying i would have a refund in 10 days, im still waiting. To be honest if i was you i would cancel with BT and go with Eircom.

Short story, my mate a free trial for 3 months and 6 months later was geting letters saying he owed money and if he didn't ring the BB would be cancelled. When he tried rining billing, it took him over HR to get through and it took him 3 days.

I was with UTV dial up before and never had anyprobs
    www.u.tv

try them

Best of Luck:D

cheers Gaz! This BB situation in Ireland is absolutely crazy! I'll Just keep soldiering on and see what happens. I would prefer to stay with Esat if i can get it connected as it seems to be the cheapest option, and from what i can see once it is connected it works pretty well!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Monty Cantsin

Salmon wrote:
    oopps!! That doesn't sound promising!! Has anyone got a good report on Esat BTs internet customer service, or installation. Come on, gimme some hope!!

Ordered Broadband + calls + line rental from BT over the phone on the 27th of July. I was told I'd be connected in 15 working days. I wasn't asked to pay a deposit (I assume this is because I own the house I'm living in).

Received modem package on 10th August. When I first tried to connect, it didn't work, so I got on to Tech Support. He quickly established that I was using the wrong password (I mixed up a zero with an "o"). After that I connected with no problem. That was 11 working days from ordering inclusive.

I've been getting billed as I should be every 2 months since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

took me 11 weeks and a day from when i ordered....that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bennyboy

It took me about a month to get my broadband modem, and when i got it it didnt work, apparently there was a problem with my phone line which was only established today after talking with tech guys, so hopefully today i will be able to connect, fingers crossed. BTW, i never had to pay any deposit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement