Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem SE K750i

• 02-11-2005 9:51am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just noticed a small problem.

When I go in to the menu a black box surrounds what ever menu I want to select i.e letter symbol surrounded by black box rather than a red outlined box. At first it only happened when the batter was low and once I turned it off and back on again everything was fine.

Any one else have it happen and do they have any suloutions?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Tried to play music today while the above problem was happening.Music was playing very bad. Sounds like it was skipping.

Any one seen this before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Charge the battery, try a different theme?

I haven't seen anything like it. :(
    Some times it stops responding when I try change theme or if the kb/s rate is too high (note to self: 320kb/s MP3s don't work :p )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

BopNiblets wrote:
    Charge the battery, try a different theme?

I haven't seen anything like it. :(
    Some times it stops responding when I try change theme or if the kb/s rate is too high (note to self: 320kb/s MP3s don't work :p )

The theme thing started happening when the battery was low and now it happens regardless of how much battery is left.

The music played fine before hand (last couple of months) so I think its a bigger problem with that.

Think I'll bring it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Bring it back and try get them to update the software for you - it'll proberly take 2 weeks and wipe your phone memory - but at least it will be solved.

Alternatively, I guess you could try flash the phone yourself from the SE website - I'm not sure how it effects your warranty though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I'm having this problem with themes also and I've flashed my phone.

I just turn it off and on again. Might try downloading a different theme.

• Advertisement

Tazz T wrote:
    I'm having this problem with themes also and I've flashed my phone.

I just turn it off and on again. Might try downloading a different theme.

Its annoying when you have to do this after paying so much for the phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Have you upgraded the firmware? There's a known problem when upgrading that causes the pro duo to corrupt in some phones. Back up anything you want on the memory card, format the card, then do a factory reset.

Let me know if it works.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Check out www.esato.com before you upgrade firmware , there is a known bug in current f/w and you may be better off waiting for the next rev .

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

kearnsr wrote:
    I've just noticed a small problem.

When I go in to the menu a black box surrounds what ever menu I want to select i.e letter symbol surrounded by black box rather than a red outlined box. At first it only happened when the batter was low and once I turned it off and back on again everything was fine.

Any one else have it happen and do they have any suloutions?

have this exact problem now and then, phone get's into a funny mode, I get the black box and ringtones stop working, I usually restart the phone and it is fine, but it happens every few days.

i think it is related to a custom theme based on the walkman theme I put on it.

edit: i also have the latest fw, the bug sharkman is talking about I assume is the usb cable one for transferring data to mem card..

I havent update firmware or anything like that. I've a 1gb ms with music and a few photos on it but havent changed the factory settings in away way since I bought it.

Just gona bring to back cause I think (some one else said it) that if you upgrade the frimware you void your warranty. Or I'll ring CPW and see what the story is

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

kearnsr wrote:
    I havent update firmware or anything like that. I've a 1gb ms with music and a few photos on it but havent changed the factory settings in away way since I bought it.

Just gona bring to back cause I think (some one else said it) that if you upgrade the frimware you void your warranty. Or I'll ring CPW and see what the story is

you don't void your warranty, the update is done via their own site...

Advertisement