Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Player and MegaWorks Speakers - Please Help

Options
  • 02-11-2005 10:40am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I think I'm going to buy a DVD player with these connections on the back:
    (large image)
    Back

How would I be able to use this DVD player with the following speakers:
    Megaworks

Know, I know that the speakers have a 3.5mm line in, and I could use a RCA to 3.5mm lead, but surely I'm not going to get surround sound with this set up? What's the alternative?

Cheers ,
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

You'll need a decoder. As the outputs on DVD plays are normaly left and rght channel as different connections. here is one from Creative. I've ordered one of them for my Gigaworks speakers that arrived yesturday from elara. The decoder I have on order from creative as it was cheeper there. Should be here in the next day or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

So, what exactly does this decoder do that the DVD player doesn't do?
    Again, I'm relatively new to the whole sound systems when not using a cmputer.

Cheers,
    S.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

After a clsoer look at the product. So, can this take the inputs from the RCA connections from the DVD player, convert these into 5.1 surround sound channels and then output them to the speakers?

So, effectively, this is basically a thing that allows up to three RCA inputs to be used with the Creative Speakers?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

It will take the connection from the Digital coax connection on the back. Then turn it inot the 5.1 sound standurd. It will also allow you hook other devices such as your TV. To the sound system as well Allowing you to have multable devices outputing to your speakers. While you wont get 5.1 off the TV, you will still have the better sound from the speakers/bass system.

Advertisement