Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD Artwork and features

• 02-11-2005 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭

DVD answers have posted pics of the R1 dvd release. Cover artwork as well as scene selection (so certain amount of spoilers), plus extra features;

Deleted Scenes
    Outtakes
    Joss Whedon Commentary & Introduction
    The History of Earth that Was
    What's in a Firefly
    Relighting the Firefly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I have to say, I dont like that DVD cover. Its way to cluttered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

sutty wrote:
    I have to say, I dont like that DVD cover. Its way to cluttered.
    Not to mention nonsensical. I mean, whats the deal with Serenity having lasers? How did I not see that when I saw the film a bazillion times? Also, someone has posted about spotting a llama (you read that right a llama) in there in that "zombie" crowd scene. Haven't looked too closely, at work, but wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The lasers irk me, but if there's actually a llama in there, that would be sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I think that's just a laser of another ship passing by Serenity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

It makes 'Serenity' look like a zombie movie. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

Daelus wrote:
    You mean Reavers aren't the same thing as Zombies !!!!

Honestly, this cover really sucks. But then again, it is the film that matters and I know that is great. Still, a bad dvd cover might affect dvd sales and rental. Wonder will the R2 be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Daelus wrote:
    The evening herald called it a Zombie movie in it's review.

Apart from the lasers i really like the top half of the cover and the title, the crowd at the bottom is a bit dodgy though

Zounds wrote:
    The evening herald called it a Zombie movie in it's review.

They did? Am I missing something? I wouldn't exactly call it a zombie movie..

Some of the folk at fireflyfans.net and other fansites have designed their own covers which, IMO, look miles better than this official one.
    Well, it'll do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

zombie movies are 'in' atm

its a marketing job, dont worry about it, my dvd cover will be getting binned as soon as the dvd arrives and the dvd put lovingly into my dvd pouch right besdie firefly.

I'm going to print out one of the fanmade covers and use that instead. I'm thinking the llama one. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Daelus wrote:
    I'm going to print out one of the fanmade covers and use that instead. I'm thinking the llama one. :D
    That is brilliant :D

I prefer the cover to the soundtrack actually:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000AYYUGQ/qid=1135017297/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-8394055-6976601?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

I like the art.

Advertisement