Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How To Cope With A Break Up!!

• 02-11-2005 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

There seems to be a hell of a lot of posts from people finding break ups very difficult to get over. Break ups are difficult, and we all get over them in our own time, in our own way. I was thinking that perhaps we could use this thread so that people who have gotten over a break up could tell us how they got over it, it might be a nice point of reference for anyone in a break up situation who is looking for a bit of advice.

Me, personally, I have only ever had two boyfriends.
    First boyfriend, was with him for about 2.5 years, from 18-20
    By the time we broke up I did not have any feelings for him, it was as if I had gone through the break up feelings during our last months. (I had wanted to break up for ages but didn't have the bottle to do it, eventually I had to do it over the phone, lousy I know, but neither of us where really into it at that stage, and he didn't seem too bothered by the whole affair).
    Anyhow, when we split I went on a mad one, out every night of the week with my friends, must have kissed a hundred guys over the course of 6 months or so, had a ball, boosted my ego, felt great..........

The I got with 2nd boyfriend, I had just turned 21, was with him for about 6 months, then we split, and I really didnt wanna split, it was long distance, both of us lived with our parents and it wasn't working, he dumped me if im honest, but I like to pretend it was mutual..... anyhow, the day we split, I got the train back to dublin, and on the train, I decided to get proactive, I got the number for one of my teacher (I was studying media production, radio broadcasting) called him, made a few work experience enquiries, scored s bit of experience at the station he worked for, got a few contacts, basically started working my ass off, went on 2week holiday with my friends, had a ball, went back to college (we split in june, went back to college in september) got the role of station manager (of the college station) got good grades, did really well, applied for the degree, got it... basically I turned my life around and had the best and most productive few months of my life.

I am actually back with my boyfriend now, he moved to Dublin in the end and after a 6month split, we have been together for over 1.5years, and plan on being together for many more

Think I needed the time and space to create a more together me, and the same goes for my boyfriend, his parents moved country, he stayed behind and he was going through a whole lot of **** that he needed to sort on his own.

So thats my story anyhow, I would be interested to know how other people coped, or didn't cope etc...

Audge x x x

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

not a PI audge
    read the charter
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement