Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite BAnd/Group

• 02-11-2005 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Whats is/what was your favourite band/group/whatever else you could call them in the hip-hop/rap genre?? Sorry in advance if I left some out, and I put in G-Unit and Boyz in The Hood incase some people prefer them to the rest so no people saying "what the f*ck are they in there for?" please, cheers

Favourite Band/Group 29 votes

N.W.A
    0%
    Westside Connection
    17%
    HaloStompboxRVN10scuba stevechiller 5 votes
    Bone Thugz n Harmony
    3%
    scuba steve 1 vote
    G-Unit
    3%
    scuba steve 1 vote
    Boyz in The Hood
    13%
    KristokUnknownhiphopfanno1scuba steve 4 votes
    Ruff Ryders
    3%
    scuba steve 1 vote
    0%
    Wu Tang Clan
    0%
    The Roots
    13%
    johnorbig sykeDavid19bush doctor 4 votes
    A Tribe Called Quest
    13%
    Makaveliububig sykespacecoyote 4 votes
    De La Soul
    6%
    Seanehubu 2 votes
    Jurassic 5
    3%
    Seaneh 1 vote
    Beastie Boys
    10%
    Seanehububig syke 3 votes
    Public Enemy
    10%
    Cannibal Oxbig sykeR_O_B 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Wu-Tang followed by The Roots.

I'm going to guess this doesn't include duo's btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Beastie Boys
    Yea, you left a lot out, lets see, A Tribe Called Quest, Jurassic 5, Blackalicious, De La Soul, Gang Starr, Jedi Mind Tricks, Dilated Peoples, Lifesavas, Little Brother, Mobb Deep(before they joined G-Unit), The Perceptionists, Outkast, The Roots, Run DMC, The Coup, BDP, Dead Prez, EricB & Rakim, Handsome Boy Modelling School.....you cant put up a poll when there are so many options, you can ask the question and invite discussion but putting up a poll like that is only gonna provoke flaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Public Enemy
    who are boyz in the hood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Ruff Ryders
    Ya i missed alot, i was gonna put Mobb Deep in, but said id jus leave it as G-Unit. Completely forgot bout Outkast, Run Dmc, Jurassic 5, Tribe called Quest, Blackstreet, Gang Starr, The Roots etc

Ruff Ryders
    big syke wrote:
    who are boyz in the hood
    Theyre a new ish group made from Diddy. Young Jeezy is in it, havent really made it over this side of the world yet. Theyre first single was "Dem Boyz", was good song, i liked it, but there were rumours that 1or 2 of the members decided to split from the group, so I dont know whats happening with them at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

A Tribe Called Quest
    Added The Roots, Tribe, De La, J5, Beasties and Cypress Hill.
    A lot of the acts ubu listed are duos so I left them out.
    The poll is still missing loads though, The Pharcyde, Freestyle Fellowship, Souls of Mischief, Swollen Members, Ugly Duckling, Tha Liks, Slum Village, Smut Peddlers, Anti-Pop Consortium, People Under The Stairs, Gravediggaz, Onyx, Hieroglyphics, Non Phixion, Living Legends, Leaders of the New School, Brand Nubian, Company Flow, Ultramagnetic MCs and the list goes on.

Voted for The Roots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

Westside Connection
    Nwa 4ever Jay.

So duos as well then.

So its Outkast(3 classics),followed very closely by the Wu(2 classics,without counting the solos)and Mobb Deep(2 classics again,but a pretty incredible catalogue),then the roots and tribe.

Sprecial mention to Sunz of Man,been listening to Freedom of Speech a lot lately,absolutely classic for 14 tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Why aren't Goldie Lookin Chain on there? They're dope. You knows it clart

Ruff Ryders
    Dr J wrote:
    Why aren't Goldie Lookin Chain on there? They're dope. You knows it clart
    cause "Guns dont kill people, rappers do!!! "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

The Roots
    Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta F' Wit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Westside Connection
    Guess who I chose for!

Ruff Ryders
    Nwa??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Beastie Boys
    My personal fave's would be De la soul, Jurassic 5 and A Tribe called Quest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Misumi

Public Enemy without a doubt

A Tribe Called Quest
    Completely forgot about PE.
    Will add them to the poll instead of Cypress Hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Misumi

sound

Ruff Ryders
    Good thinking, forgot about them too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Public Enemy
    um...Beasties. Wu second, Roots third.

David19 wrote:
    Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta F' Wit!

Its true,but the Wu's albums as a group were never really good enough.Mind you every time I here Clan In Da Front...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Boyz in The Hood
    Group albums never work out too well on their own some of them are great, ghost face for instance.

A Tribe Called Quest
    True, other than 36 Chambers, the group efforts have been somewhat mediocre but as said more than made up for by some of the solo releases.
    Liquid Swords, Ironman, OBFCL, and Uncontrolled Substance being my pick of the bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

A Tribe Called Quest
    must say i'm embarassed by that poll. G-Unit pickin up 23%. its a f**kin disgrace. what kind of "Hip-Hop" fans are voting for that crap. I lose more faith in irish hip-hop fans every day. Definitely roots, de la, PE, dilated peoples, tribe and early outkast. again early wu-tang was pretty hot. No mention for Boogie Down Productions, Organized Confusion, Leaders of the New School, hieroglyphics and slum village though???

So many votes for NWA and G-Unit is disgraceful,but I'm not sure why your suprised.

Sunz of Man are another group,last album Freedom of Speech was a literal classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

A Tribe Called Quest
    Not surprised by it at all, just embarassed. But hey, what can you do about it? All these heads go to see a 50 cent gig and think they are real G.s. Masta Ace played with Punch & Words as support a couple years ago. That was some real hip-hop. it was hip-hop music, not a SHOW. i think the thread should be modified, dump G-Unit out of the list as an option. Only real criticism I can bring for NWA is that, along with tupac, etc, they've resulted in hundreds of rubbish copycat artists

A Tribe Called Quest
    Start your own thread so.
    Scuba Steve started this one, he wanted G-Unit on it so they're there.
    From The Roots down were all added by me afterwards but you can't have a poll with 50 options on it now can you?

Advertisement