Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of web design as we know it?

Options
  • 02-11-2005 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

www.officelive.com

Interesting topic of conversation I thought..... :)

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Oh for God's sake.

"Dear Microsoft
    Please stop trying to make our lives easier.
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

It may be the end of designing a basic web presence for small company's but anything above and beyond that will probably only become more popular as it becomes an absolute necessity to be on the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Because what the internet really needs is more Frontpage HTML :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭denhamd2

The thing is its practically the anti-Christ of web design. Its most likely going to produce bad HTML and people's new websites won't be well indexed by Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I doubt MS really care about such things. A lot of SMEs wouldn't either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Arch-Stanton

Microsoft Office Live will provide your company with its own domain name, Web site, and e-mail accounts for free.

Handy for anybody who is heading in the SharePoint direction.

But how many SME's/Indivudals will purchase a (registered copy) of Office Live?... especially when so much work is now being done now on Open StarOffice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Personally I wouldn't think so - not in the Professional Area anyway. I think this is microjerk trying to get around the fact that they've had to fix the mess that Internet Explorer makes of parsing or rendering an html document, 'Supposedly' fixed in I.E. 7.0.
    So now they've found that they can't exercise there monopolization by attempting to force there own standards in web coding, they're trying a different approach.

How I see it anyway....

Advertisement