Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards UL Beers

• 02-11-2005 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

Well seing as there are a few that feel left out of the little UL social gathering i propse another beer next week or the week after and everyone that has ever posted in the UL forum is getting a PM from me to entise them to come out and see about all these "in jokes":rolleyes:

Please make proposals on times and locations

Nukem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Ok well I'm up for a change of venue. Town somewhere anyone? Personally I like Costellos, Nancy's or Mollys although I'm open to going anywhere else except for the Icon/Smyths where I believe I may have worn out my welcome :) and also due to my general dislike of the place. Anyone else got any good ideas.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

costellos! the chicken! whensit gonna be, because i'm going to be in barcelona for the weekend (ie.until next wednesday...i do enjoy a good long weekend)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

What did I start?!

I didn't mean to focus on the in jokes in any way. Kaimera and Petee were at it well before the birth of BULBs.

Obviously can't make the beers either, as on co-op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I reckon its a good idea to meet in the stables and go somewhere after that if people fancy it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

cooperguy wrote:
    I reckon its a good idea to meet in the stables and go somewhere after that if people fancy it

That _is_ a good idea.

*insert in-joke with kaimera here*

*spam spam spam*

*insert needless post that could easily have been done in email/PM*

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

*Bump*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Dave wrote:
    What did I start?!

I didn't mean to focus on the in jokes in any way. Kaimera and Petee were at it well before the birth of BULBs.

lowercase 'k' and extra 'e' on Peteee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Dave wrote:

^^^^^

does this !constitute spam? ;)

Come on people! The alcohol isn't gonna drink itself!

Somebody propose a date, time and place, as I myself am terrified of making even the smallest decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Peteee wrote:
    Somebody propose a date, time and place, as I myself am terrified of making even the smallest decision
    You made the decision to wear dark socks today. Push the envelope and decide on a pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Well the only input I will make it to say that I can't make Tuesday nights anymore! So if you want to have fun without me you know what night to pick!

440Hz wrote:
    Well the only input I will make it to say that I can't make Tuesday nights anymore!
    That's rather a shame

So if you want to have fun without me you know what night to pick!
    Tuesday?

3rd year CS may well have a healyp midterm coming up so I guess what's been the part-backbone of the ul beers will be wanting to consider where that's placed before making a half-decision on a suitable night for some drinkies. Not that that's presenting everyone else from finding a beer tap somewhere obviously.

/me pulls said proverbial beer_tap out of a novelty hat.

:v:

DS midterm eh? *shrug* nailed tbh.

sceptre wrote:
    That's rather a shame
    Tuesday?

Well next Tuesday I could probably manage (16th) with reduced alcohol, any other Tues would have to be a JD_free night for me. And we all know Im no fun without Jack

Tuesday it is so! In fact, tuesday is now so good, that it shall be written into the UL canon, that boards beers can only be held on tuesday

seconded.

440Hz wrote:
    Well next Tuesday I could probably manage (16th) with reduced alcohol, any other Tues would have to be a JD_free night for me. And we all know Im no fun without Jack
    Ah, I meant that as an answer to the "what night we shouldn't have it on" query rather than as a suggestion. And we all know you're fight club Jack's sense of fun.

Peteee wrote:
    Tuesday it is so! In fact, tuesday is now so good, that it shall be written into the UL canon, that boards beers can only be held on tuesday

So without Jack (fight club style or no... there it is again my little obsession, hmmmm IKEA hmmmmm) I will always be known as the 'boring one who shows up to the beers and doesn't talk to anyone'... cos I am so shy when I am sober. Right? Course. [Talking to myself again, oh dear... maybe its the cherry beer]

*Chuckle* pick the one night im not here :rolleyes:
    Wednesday?

• Advertisement

Weds would be WAY better for me tbh.. I was making the point that I didn't really fancy tues but.. Anyway I'll second Weds, the 16th (as in next wk)

Wednesday it is.

440 your not shy when your sober. In fact, your quieter when your drunk. Course, that could have something to do with how you just hide under your jacket, periodically emerging to pass a smart comment about something

*nods*

same bat time? same bat channel? :confused:

Eeeekkk have to bow out have way too much to do this week. Will try make it for a drink but nothing major.

Nukem

Wednesday @ 8 --> Stables is it?

Nukem, its your duty as mod to make it out for at least one!

I'm up for a few drinks aswell. Nothing major though. Just a nice civilised night out. I can see a smile on Pete's face as he reads this and he's thinking "Rory's off to the Lodge then". Well not this time I tell you :)

Cheers
    Rory

Peteee wrote:
    ...its your duty as mod to make it out for at least one!

I r a 'mod' but I may see how I r teh feeling; teh sickness has doth taken me over atm. :(

kaimera wrote:
    I r a 'mod' but I may see how I r teh feeling; teh sickness has doth taken me over atm. :(

Hmmm so much for no 'text speak' or abbreviated crap... I had to read that a few times... grrrr bold mod Kai. :mad:
    Although I do like the way you try to make it better by adding some 'ye olde english' too

Thats l33t speak....completely different from txt spk!

So what will we do when rory goes to the lodge.....

• Advertisement

just nod our heads in disapprovement Pete :)

it's 1337 instead of text speak...

Curse you Pete....I said I won't be going to the lodge this time.

Cheers
    Rory

*nods*

You always say that...course this time you'll be too poor, after buying me my 2 pints!

Too keep on topic, who else is coming [STRIKE]that not in our gang? I mean clique...I mean, there is no clique.....ummm[/STRIKE]

kaimera wrote:
    just nod our heads in disapprovement Pete :)

it's 1337 instead of text speak...

4h 1 637 17 n0w - v3ry 4nn0y1n6 7h0u6h. 1337 translators! What will they think of next?

Ok i sent out a rake or PM's there just to tell everyone this is on and get a nice turn out - Also if any of ye wanna try drum up some more support please insert this..into your sig and link it to here!
    Bulbs%202.jpg

Nukem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Nukem wrote:
    Ok i sent out a rake or PM's there just to tell everyone this is on and get a nice turn out - Also if any of ye wanna try drum up some more support please insert this..into your sig and link it to here!
    Bulbs%202.jpg

Nukem

Got the PM...can't make it as I'm very very far away...not back in UL until February :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

Ahh FFS!!!
    I'll be out for one, maybe two, on Wednesday night. I have a midterm on Thursday.
    Typical, Wednesday night BULBs would suit me the most and it all get's f^£ked up by a midterm.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

so is the BULBs thing going to be a regular wednesday night thing? im not going to be able to make it this wednesday (presentation on thursday) but if anyone is around Stables the following wednesday i will be giving out free pints of coors light for a promotion. im not kidding, i really will be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Thanks for the PM Nukem. I'll be going to tribal drumming this wednesday but I'll try to call into the Stables beforehand/afterwards.

Oh goody free beer (and not the band....i'm not making *that* mistake again!)

Presentation schmesentation, tis a few pints, no harm at all!

These BULBS are mostly fortnightly (As in once every two weeks)

Peteee wrote:
    These BULBS are mostly bi-weekly (As in once every two weeks)

homosexual beers??? :v:

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote:
    homosexual beers??? :v:

Suddenly feel like I'll be out of place again! Hmmm, same old same old. :v:

shalln't be attending.

still not feeling well enough.

Sorry y'all.

kaimera wrote:
    shalln't be attending.

still not feeling well enough.

Sorry y'all.

Is anybody coming to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

Naa, you won't be alone Peteee, I'll be along, if only to make sure Rory goes to the lodge;)

I prob wont be there either tbh!

Vuk wrote:
    Naa, you won't be alone Peteee, I'll be along, if only to make sure Rory goes to the lodge;)

And who might you be? Do I know you at all? :v:

I mean for all I know you could be a dirty, perverted old man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭incisor71

440Hz wrote:
    I prob wont be there either tbh!
    I managed to make sure that wasn't the case. :D Hint as to who I was: the ex-UL student, classmate of 440Hz, very much older and not much wiser.

Nice to see you folks tonight (esp. 440Hz, geez it's been ages!!) such a friendly bunch (reading on sarcasm meter: zero). I had a lovely time.

Not sure what future occasion will bring us to the same location at the same time, but I look forward to it!

Nice to meet you - good night!
    Poor show up:mad:

Great to see you too - I promise we won't leave it so long the next time!

As for the poor turn out for the beers... same old same old tbh. I just reckon the concept isn't taking off. Maybe next time (if there is one) we should just say... 'hey lads the 'in-jokes' crowd are heading for a few beverages, if you wanna come along we'd like to meet ya'. Then there is no expectation of us wondering if we will get to meet new people or not... we can just do what we
    always do!

It was a terrible turn out - just the "in jokes" crew and a incisor71 a new addition. All those Pm's for nothing *nods head*..................ha ha those who PM'd me back saying they were busy have no excuse for the next beers.

When are we drinking next - have a brutal hangover at the mo:rolleyes:

Nukem

• Advertisement
Advertisement