Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving tips?

Options
  • 02-11-2005 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

I have my driving test in about two hours. Can anyone who has ever done the test give me any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Threaten the examiner with a beating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Try NOT to hit other cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Have a look around the threads on this forum, I'm sure I saw a few advice threads before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Don't dress like a scumbag, wear slacks and a shirt and look somewhat presentable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

I know it sounds stupid, nut just try to relax.
    I was told to kind of drive like i would if there was no instructor or teacher in the car. You tend to drive stiffer and more jegged when you drive with one of them.
    Hope everything goes well for you and you pass!

Good Luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

joejoem wrote:
    Threaten the examiner with a beating.
    Thanks, might give that a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Observation, Observation, Observation

Make sure your examiner knows that your looking around your the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Make like your looking for your lost dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Look with your head, not with your eyes... so many people fail on observation because the tester doesn't see them passing glances around.... you really have to spell it out for them.
    And don't forget your breaking distance (especially since the roads are a bit wet at the moment), nobody likes someone right up their arse, it's stupid and dangerous... and tbh, if the tester failed you on it, I'd buy him a pint. :P

Look with your head, not with your eyes... so many people fail on observation because the tester doesn't see them passing glances around.... you really have to spell it out for them.
    And don't forget your breaking distance (especially since the roads are a bit wet at the moment), nobody likes someone right up their arse, it's stupid and dangerous... and tbh, if the tester failed you on it, I'd buy him a pint. :P

Does anyone know roughly how long the test lasts? I've heard everything between 20 - 60 minutes. Do I need to know how to paralell park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

Slightly obvious but don't forget to put your L plates back up if you don't have them on the car already

Good luck......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Mine lasted 20 minutes (the actual driving, not including the bit before it and the car checks) whereas a friend of mine has his last 60 minutes (though he's non national and had to have a special supervisor in the car, as well as the tester)

You won't be asked to paralell park.

Passed it first time round, thanks for the help all! The dude picked his nose the whole way through the test and flicked it out the window!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭BrayHead

Well done ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Congrats!

Happy and safe motoring

Advertisement